Stellantis US Sales Fall 21%, Rolls Out $2,000 Incentive To Stop The Bleeding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another true story. My first wife's grandmother had a mid-1960's Valiant with a slant 6 she and her late husband had bought new. They drove it everywhere, and pulled one of the 1960's single axle campers with it.

He grandmother still used it to pull a camper, and was still her only car until she passed in the mid - 1980's.

Both of her son's (ex-wife's uncles) swore the oil hadn't been changed since right after the car was new. They had put one of the toilet paper bypass filters on it, and ever since they would just change the toilet paper out every so often and add make up oil as needed.

Everyone in the family claimed the same thing about the oil and filter. Maybe we're doing this oil change thing all wrong on out trucks...lol
Pls do not fall into that Family lore otherwise known as: “Once upon a Time” lol. Maybe maybe on dat slant 6 lol if for some reason u do on Hemi. (Joke). U gotta remember some ppl believe everything on Internet gospel like NY Times. Roflmao . J/k

OP
OP
Yardbird

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pls do not fall into that Family lore otherwise known as: “Once upon a Time” lol. Maybe maybe on dat slant 6 lol if for some reason u do on Hemi. (Joke). U gotta remember some ppl believe everything on Internet gospel like NY Times. Roflmao . J/k

Family lore or not, I was around the car a lot, as we lived less than a mile from her grandmother, and never knew of the car getting the oil changed, ever.

I believe her uncles, as we were friends until they both died.

I would never try the no oil change route, but a bypass filter can only help most any engine. Big diesel trucks have ran them forever.

The older big diesels had a large remote mount bypass with a large drop in metal cartridge filter that in most cases was filled with shredded newspaper.

I've owned a few trucks with those filters. Now, those engines have a spin on main and bypass filter.

I have a hard time going to 6k with my oil, even though the UOA says I can go farther.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
or maybe minivans will make a comeback. 80's were dark days for mopar guys unless you were a stockholder. k cars and caravans
Amen to that! Didn't get the front wheel drive 4 bangers, turbo's didn't help me, still a 4 banger on steroids. Were very dark days for me. After '85 with no more 2 door V-8 I went with RCSB Mopar pickups. The dark days are here again and I don't see any hope of anything interesting me!

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Another true story. My first wife's grandmother had a mid-1960's Valiant with a slant 6 she and her late husband had bought new. They drove it everywhere, and pulled one of the 1960's single axle campers with it.

He grandmother still used it to pull a camper, and was still her only car until she passed in the mid - 1980's.

Both of her son's (ex-wife's uncles) swore the oil hadn't been changed since right after the car was new. They had put one of the toilet paper bypass filters on it, and ever since they would just change the toilet paper out every so often and add make up oil as needed.

Everyone in the family claimed the same thing about the oil and filter. Maybe we're doing this oil change thing all wrong on out trucks...lol

My paternal grandfather did the same with a late 50s truck. They probably used enough oil that topping them off was basically an ongoing oil change....

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO--Stellantis is destroying themselves. They do not understand their customer's buying habits and they are sacrificing customer loyalty for profit. Parts availability is almost non-existent, MSRP prices are through the roof, and dealers are allowed to add astronomical additional fees to the MSRP on "specialty" vehicles without any penalty. Dealership "shop rates" are close to $200 per hour. Greed is going to be this company's demise--
Jay

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
IMHO--Stellantis is destroying themselves. They do not understand their customer's buying habits and they are sacrificing customer loyalty for profit. Parts availability is almost non-existent, MSRP prices are through the roof, and dealers are allowed to add astronomical additional fees to the MSRP on "specialty" vehicles without any penalty. Dealership "shop rates" are close to $200 per hour. Greed is going to be this company's demise--
Jay

The idiot executives are. I've seen the movie. Move into a market you know nothing about and destroy it.
Then slink off with your ill begotten zillions of bonuses as you've destroyed the lives of thousands.
On to the next victim.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Jay
I noticed the big jump in shop rates. My ac stopped working under warranty. They said had to vac and refill with uv dye and then bring it back in a couple weeks to see where the leak was. Had to pay 600 bucks as without a part number for what failed no coverage. Shop rate up 50% over the last year. Thought it was just the new dealership owners group policies. Now wondering if it came from higher up the food chain. Even when they find fhe leak and fix it with the warranty I'll still be out the 600 plus my 100 deductible for the repair.

OP
OP
Yardbird

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I noticed the big jump in shop rates. My ac stopped working under warranty. They said had to vac and refill with uv dye and then bring it back in a couple weeks to see where the leak was. Had to pay 600 bucks as without a part number for what failed no coverage. Shop rate up 50% over the last year. Thought it was just the new dealership owners group policies. Now wondering if it came from higher up the food chain. Even when they find fhe leak and fix it with the warranty I'll still be out the 600 plus my 100 deductible for the repair.

I think I would be calling the mother ship about the $600.00. It was their idea to put in the dye, which is a good idea, but still. Whatever it takes to find and fix the problem should be covered. If they put something in that doesn't have a company part number, that's on them.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I think I would be calling the mother ship about the $600.00. It was their idea to put in the dye, which is a good idea, but still. Whatever it takes to find and fix the problem should be covered. If they put something in that doesn't have a company part number, that's on them.
Once they find what failed specifically I'll re-visit the situation, but as far as they're concerned so far ac needing a recharge every few years is just normal maintenance unless they can point to a specific cause. I call bs on that, but the question ends up being how much time and effort am I willing to spend on it.

Rambo5553

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SST HO
the dealer near me has 18 ram 2500's. 7 are laremies from 79,000 to 92,000 with 10,000 off.
There are some of us who want to help!
We were excited to hear this from Stellantis:
“Ram order Ram 1500 is confirmed, and we are excited to have you in the RamBrand family.

We will be sending you email updates as your Ram 1500 goes through the build process, so be sure to keep an eye on your inbox.”
Order confirmed April 20, 2024
Scheduled for production June 24, 2024

Nothing since….
Is this delay “normal”? Do they really want to sell some trucks?

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
There are some of us who want to help!
We were excited to hear this from Stellantis:
“Ram order Ram 1500 is confirmed, and we are excited to have you in the RamBrand family.

We will be sending you email updates as your Ram 1500 goes through the build process, so be sure to keep an eye on your inbox.”
Order confirmed April 20, 2024
Scheduled for production June 24, 2024

Nothing since….
Is this delay “normal”? Do they really want to sell some trucks?
Interesting, my friend ordered a 3500 on June 21, and it's already at Mark Dodge waiting for him. No delays in Saltillo, it seems.

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shop prices are $200 here. I have not had to pay for work for many years and was not surprised considering inflation. Everywhere I go, costs are way up and fatigue has set in. I strongly support local businesses, but now I'm all about supporting myself.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Someone must not have told the DCJR sales rep I spoke to just hours ago about their abysmal earnings report.....They called me about my wife's lease that's ending in 4 months. This guy was arrogant. Said I wanted a low mileage lease deal in the $400 range without putting a ridiculous amount down since it's a lease and he laughed and said "you won't find anything for less than $500 a month...sorry can't help ya". Same dealership I've used for 15 years and they're 30 miles away. As we speak there's a popup ad on my sidebar for a Grand Cherokee for $358, $2600 down at another dealership 5 minutes from my home. One bad apple lost me as a customer. That's even if she goes for another Jeep.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didn't they get the Slant 6 also? Or was that a goner by 1980? The old man had a Slant 6 in a Volare. What a dog! lol

lol that brings back memories! I learned to drive on Dads Plymouth Fury with the slant 6. That behemoth couldn’t move out of it’s own way and took 30 minutes to pass another car on the highway but it got good mpg for its day.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Yesterday I watched a TFL video that got into the sales volume of trucks. If their data is accurate, RAM's sales numbers are not pretty.
Of the 352K Fords sold, I think 340K were sold here in Florida, because that's all you see around here. As much trouble as I had in the past with the last one I had, I gotta wonder how they do it.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Someone must not have told the DCJR sales rep I spoke to just hours ago about their abysmal earnings report.....They called me about my wife's lease that's ending in 4 months. This guy was arrogant. Said I wanted a low mileage lease deal in the $400 range without putting a ridiculous amount down since it's a lease and he laughed and said "you won't find anything for less than $500 a month...sorry can't help ya". Same dealership I've used for 15 years and they're 30 miles away. As we speak there's a popup ad on my sidebar for a Grand Cherokee for $358, $2600 down at another dealership 5 minutes from my home. One bad apple lost me as a customer. That's even if she goes for another Jeep.

I noticed this over the past 12 years a a MOPAR customer - their dealerships have no consistency whatsoever - like they weren't franchised by the same corporation at all. Corporate just let's them do whatever they want.

What's left of the corporation is rapidly spiraling out of business. Genius executives.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Parts availability is almost non-existent, MSRP prices are through the roof, and dealers are allowed to add astronomical additional fees to the MSRP on "specialty" vehicles without any penalty. Dealership "shop rates" are close to $200 per hour. Greed is going to be this company's demise--
Jay
I watched a video on Youtube of a guy walking a CJDR lot discussing how high the prices were...WHat he never mentioned was that every "sticker" he showed on that lot had a "supplemental sticker" with $2900 added to it. Every car and truck had $2900 in dealer-added mystery charges to the MSRP. And on top of that, that particular dealer has a $999 dealer fee, which covers them making it pretty for you...The balls on these dealers is just unbelievable.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The worst thing you can do is let a dealership detail your new vehicle. They usually have neither the equipment nor the properly trained techs to properly detail your vehicle. They will in all likelihood damage your paint, leave micro-scratches and swirls all over your vehicle, and then charge you an outrageous amount for their "protection" package. Just tell them to leave it the hell alone!!!!!!!!
Jay