Stock 3.6L Off-Road Performance.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

NorthCountry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cool video, Goes to show, its not always what you have, but how you drive it, that gets you there.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I took a stock V6 quad cab rental through quite a bit of the Mojave Nat'l Preserve. It was fine, but I'd rather have my PW.

If you take bypasses, don't mind if you do damage, and have a support crew so you're not stranded if you bust something due to lack of skids and clearance you can get by with a lot more than if you want to do the obstacles, come out unscathed, and need to count on yourself to get home.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I do pretty well on even the somewhat hairy logging trails in the Pacific NW (firewood runs, hinting, goofing off, etc). No lift, and the only 'mods' I made were A/T tires, a grille guard, and nerf bars.

PS: I ripped off the air dam too (intentionally, as in I unbolted it). I did it because I was too lazy to cut it for the grille guard, but I've never found a reason to bolt it back on.

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same engine as my JK. Nothing special .