Votes: 401 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 161 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 998 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 664 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yeah but the personal danger aspect is gone
Booooo! lol

We got B.I.R. track up here. It's a wild party in the woods.
well that day a fiber piece from the car blew off the car into the top of the grandstands, lol. Yeah probably not the dangerous, but I think the potential is there. If you want danger watch nascar, those fools still cant figure out the new tire. Nascar is deathly afraid one of these days a tire is going into the stands.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I came across this answer in reflection to oil choice based on the climate.
I'm not sure what he is saying.. 10W30 is better for hotter climates because it is thinner or is 5W30 better..
So far running 5W30 seems good enough, but of 10W30 has an edge where it will be better, then I'm all for it.

Last edited:

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I came across this answer in reflection to oil choice based on the climate.
I'm not sure what he is saying.. 10W30 is better for hotter climates because it is thinner or is 5W30 better..
So far running 5W30 seems good enough, but of 10W30 has an edge where it will be better, then I'm all for it.
10W-30 has less VII additive to shear down into deposits, but less cold start pumpability.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dubai temps I would be tempted to run 15w-40.......how the hell does anything grow over there with no rain

No Rain? https://www.weatherandradar.com/wea...of-rain--a13b8d94-30e9-4043-808c-a4e0089fb7c5
Usually, we do get rain once or twice a year and the city spends quite a bit on desalination and usage of sewage treatment. The treated water is used to help the trees planted on the streets.
A number of trees over here grow with minimal effort.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Back to see how you fart smellers are
doin! So how ya doin?

Anyway.
Wanted to share this with you. Oil that I ordered came today and I really wanted to get the oil changed before driving a long ways tomorrow.

Was about the time for my son to take a shower before we put him to bed and I said “I’m gonna go change my oil real quick”. The wife said “he’s only gonna take 20 minutes. There’s no way you can change your oil in 20 minutes.”

200.gif

Guess what BRODOZERS!! 19min!!! Wife LOVED it when I rubbed it in her face.lol

That’s from the time I ran out to the garage to get everything going to the time I step back in the door and all my tools and everything were put away. No cheating either. I waited for the used oil to drip from the pan. I shook all 8 single quart containers very well. Started the truck and let it run for a minute or so as well.

Here’s the problem….. and I’m guessing some of you already figured it out.

I can now no longer make it take an hour to do an oil change in the garage….200.gif

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
You rubbed it in her face? Dude this is a family show common now.

But I say fail, you took the challenge but you didn't bet? So all you got was pride points. Me thinks your wife won that one, lol.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So when you search for redline on Amazon, pricing is all over the board. Now the lower priced popular items such as 5w30 all have impressive sales numbers, but every single "over" priced option shows no sales data. I think there is a tipping point, there comes a point where no matter how good it is people aren't gonna pay 193 a case for their oil. Gear oil seams to not matter, 25 a quart sales all day, but there seams to be an obvious tipping point, the market isn't supporting 20 dollar a quart oil. We will see how this shakes out I'm sure.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put the redline 5w30 in my 6.4 still as smooth as the 0w30 I had in during the winter. Went a little over my 5k since I got sent 9 hours away for work and lucky me we picked up another job in that area that was another hour and a half away. So I had to bounce back and forth a few days. Went 5,4xx miles on the last oil change and the oil life monitor still showed 43%

Changed oil in the 15 suburban also, but just used 5w30 pup like I have been. Can't beat walmarts prices on it. Order online and get 3-5 gallon jugs for $83.91 15 quarts at $5.59 a quart. Free shipping also. For any gm guys I know it calls for 0w20. I don't care. I know pup 5w30 isn't dexos approved. I don't care.

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
"Driving on oil". Now Ford is saying they will produce gas cars after 2030 and breaking there promise as Mercedes and other car companies started doing. (Maybe just here in Europe)

Here we have second place holder in "World’s best EV-hubb" they say, lets see if it ever will be full. (Circle K Vädermotet Gothenburg Sweden) #1 in Norway and #3 i Germany

1715354580656.png

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It use to be 12, a least last time I bought View attachment 542743

Probably still is.
When I see the word "case" being used I automatically think of more items than the 6 I bought. Your 12 sounds more like a "case" quantity.
Admittedly even Amazon used the term "6 pack" instead of case or even carton.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
"Driving on oil". Now Ford is saying they will produce gas cars after 2030 and breaking there promise as Mercedes and other car companies started doing. (Maybe just here in Europe)

Here we have second place holder in "World’s best EV-hubb" they say, lets see if it ever will be full. (Circle K Vädermotet Gothenburg Sweden) #1 in Norway and #3 i Germany

View attachment 542738
Of course, in common with all things motorist, petrol stations feel most suited towards the single male driver. What happens if instead of defaulting to designing for the average customer, we consider customers who haven’t been thought about as much in the past?

LMAO, tranny bathrooms will make EV's popular? EV stations, the new forced place to congregate and make new friends. Gotta sell it somehow I guess, after all you will have people waiting 30 minutes to super charge your EV, God forbid you have a line there? LMFAA Gas lines here are 4 deep all day long at our local Costco, what happens when you hit an EV line? My mom was a single women most of my life, I'm pretty sure she appreciated the ability to fuel up at those bad "petrol" stations. Anyhow, this pr pieces aren't really for people with common sense, anyone with a PR degree understands what this is.