Tailgate down warning light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

axeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 limited Red Badge
Engine
5.7 hemi
I will be taking a 16 hour drive with the tailgate down. Is there any way to turn off the "tailgate down" warning icon? It is pretty annoying. 2023 limited 1500 with rambox.

Thanks

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will be taking a 16 hour drive with the tailgate down. Is there any way to turn off the "tailgate down" warning icon? It is pretty annoying. 2023 limited 1500 with rambox.

Thanks
Oh that's awesome
I added that to my 2017 and never understood why that wasn't a stock option

OP
OP
A

axeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 limited Red Badge
Engine
5.7 hemi
I guess I was a bit pre-mature in asking the question. Nothing in the owners manual mentioned the warning light, so I tinkered with it a bit and found that if you press the right arrow on the steering wheel, the warning light goes off. Sometimes I am amazed at my own stupidity.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I guess I was a bit pre-mature in asking the question. Nothing in the owners manual mentioned the warning light, so I tinkered with it a bit and found that if you press the right arrow on the steering wheel, the warning light goes off. Sometimes I am amazed at my own stupidity.
I've discovered messages that will go away with the arrow push like the seat belt warning. It is good you asked, others will pick up on this and if they ever have to, they will know.