Pay for uconnect and navigation after trial period. Unreal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad I came upon this thread. I received an email from RAM last month discussing this very thing… being NOT tech savvy, I said the hell with it. I did NOT want to learn the specifics, all I saw is that whatever I clicked on was going to cost me $$$$. I ignored the email and deleted it. My navigator (wife) can get me to wherever we or I need to go. If all else fails, I too have a cell phone.
I just use I Phone and Car Play. I also have an ancient Garmin I keep in a bag and also carry a New Rand McNally for big time emergencies. The big money to renew is just a $$$$ ploy, and the RAM Nav sucks ne way, and since I now have a 19 DT with plain jane radio, my phone works great.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
The only issue I have with using smart phones for navigation is that you are dependent on cell towers instead of satellites. There’s lots of areas up here with sketchy coverage.
I only have a small data plan as I am usually on wifi so that would burn thru my data as well.
That said , the nav on my 14 is way better than my wife’s 21 Mazda I can’t even see it with polarized sunglasses on!
Just had Kodoo upgrade my plan for the same price. $35 a month, 65 Gig of data, unlimited text and call, free international text. Rogers offers a 10 Gig 5g, rest the same plan, for $29. No reason to run limited data anymore. Also, your phone, if it is Android, will work off Satellite for location. You can download the map for the area with bad coverage and you will have full map available all the time. Google maps kick the Butt of any in vehicle Nav system I have ever tried. Only dedicate GPS worth the price is the Garmin with free map upgrades.

To the Op, don't renew, you lose nothing.

Last edited:

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just had Kodoo upgrade my plan for the same price. $35 a month, 65 Gig of data, unlimited text and call, free international text. Rogers offers a 10 Gig 5g, rest the same plan, for $29. No reason to run limited data anymore. Also, your phone, if it is Android, will work off Satellite for location. You can download the map for the area with bad coverage and you will have full map available all the time. Google maps kick the Butt of any in vehicle Nav system I have ever tried. Only dedicate GPS worth the p[rice is the Garmin with free map upgrades.
Agreed.
To the Op, don't renew, you lose nothing.
This thread started about a year ago.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
When i am going to a destination that includes an Over Night, i carry my Laptop.
While at the motel, i check for alternate routing.

For example, using the Laptop, i found that there are 3 ways to get through El Paso.
Interstate 10 through El Paso, is the main route, but there is always Construction at night & accidents during the day.

Waze will send you down every street with a Stop Sign or Traffic Signal & every Ford vehicle will be on that exact same route.

I found a North & South route, the North route goes out by the Airport, you just have to climb a long steep hill & it is a semi truck route.
I think it is much faster than Interstate 10

jason1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Bought my '21 classic used but I'm still getting hounded to sign up for SiriusXM and Guardian.

I went with car link for remote cellphone start, lock/unlock, gps location, car alarm alerting, and battery voltage checks. $49 a year after th first year free.

My setup:
AlphaOBD
VTA enable (car link yellow alarm input to horn gray/yellow connected under fuse box)

CARLINK ASCL6 Remote Start Cellular Interface Module with alarm input.

Added a hood latch sensor.

Start-X Plug N Play Remote Starter Kit

And to get the carlink cellphone remote start to work I connect to the StartX with this cable:
Omega Car Electronics OLHRNLINKRALL Omega Accessory Cable - When Connecting A Linkr-lt1 And An Olmdball; With Rs Firmware

Then added a shock sensor for good measure.
Shock sensor http://addshocksensor.com/

I can triple click my lock button on my fob but I usually always use my phone. Also, use it to check if I locked my doors if I think I forgot. Or I've used it to unlock my doors to let someone in remotely and locked back up after they were out of the truck.

Then for Nav, music, I heart radio, podcasts, etc. I just use android auto and wirelessly with the Motorola MA-1. I set it up to turn off when truck off so it doesn't keep drawing power and it gets hot.
Spliced pink/yellow to pin 1 for USB hub switched with key. Changed fuse 90/91 to switched accessory. https://www.ramforum.com/threads/fi...r-aa-cp-wireless-adapter.189497/#post-2659268

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I always get the nav option and have never had one that didnt work pretty well. I like the large screen and I disable the nagging voice before I leave the lot. I dont like having a phone or some other devices to fool with when I'm driving. when the uconnect timed out I didnt renew. I'm on my second ram