Tire pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a question about "cold" pressure. I don't need to know what pressure, but I do want to know if I need to make any accommodations for "cold", which is a relative term. Right now, the coldest it is getting here (Las Vegas) is in the low 90's (F). I set my tire pressure back when it was colder (probably 65F or so a few months back). Do I need to accommodate that "cold" isn't really "cold" anymore? For some of you, I'd bet 90+F would be your high temp, if even that. Here it is about 110F right now. Its been a brutal June.

TIA.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
^^^ what he said
Need to check/adjust the air pressure when "cold" when the typical ambient temperature goes up or down about 20°F (typically coincides with the season change).
It's best to use an actual gauge on the tires but spot check then on the dash readout.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not saying it's a bad idea to check and adjust.......but the difference between 65 and 90 isn't that much at all. Honestly think you are over-thinking it a little too much. Where I live you can get that much temperature difference just between night and day, and you don't see people going out and adjusting their air pressure pending whether they are driving at night or the middle of the day. Seasonal temperature variations can range from below 0 F in the winter to over 100 F in the summer. I do adjust my tires between winter and summer for that extreme, but guarantee the vast majority of people out there do not. Most people will only put air in their tires when the tire pressure system tells them to (which around here is when cold weather hits and the tires drop down 5-10 psi and trigger the light).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gambler69