Tire recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking for some tire recommendations--285x45-22. Looking for a long-wearing highway tire that does not hydroplane. I've run Michelin on my previous trucks but am wondering if anyone has had good luck with others. Thanks
Jay

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I've got 2 sets of wheels for my RT, the original forged set of bright aluminum which has a set of OEM Goodyear tires on them I use in the summer and a black set of cast wheels I use in the winter. The cast set has Atlas Force UHP tires which have shown remarkable traction in wet weather and non optimum weather conditions.

I would not hesitate to buy the Atlas tires again. At around 165. Per tire they have worked out well. They did require road force balancing.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking for some tire recommendations--285x45-22. Looking for a long-wearing highway tire that does not hydroplane. I've run Michelin on my previous trucks but am wondering if anyone has had good luck with others. Thanks
Jay
My wife's limited has pirelli scorpion tires I believe. They are nice and quiet and seem to be wearing great. There is only 17,000 miles on her truck though, but they look brand new. I will double check when we get back from vacation, but pretty sure that is what she has on her truck.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Did you check Tire Rack's customer ratings, Jay? I usually start with that, then ask around.

Michelin Defender is rated highly, and my supplier said he hasn't had complaints with out of round, tread separation, and out of balance as they have with many others (even motorcycle tires). Supposedly this is due to using inconsistent recycled materials in an attempt to be "green". I got no problem with recycling - if it works! @Burla They were on backorder anyway.

I got 20" rims, I decided to go with Goodyear Workhorse HT which is a commercial tire, highly rated - not like their crappy ST consumer tire (one of the worst ratings & a factory tire on the 1500). Put them on in April, so far I like them a lot.

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did look at the Michelin tires. They are all I have ever had on my previous Rams. Although they are over $300 each they seem to last forever. Thanks for the suggestion.
Jay