U 8.4 connect from a 2021 to a 2024 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTCharlie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Looking at a 8.4 U connect from a 2021 . I'm wondering if it would plug n play in my 2024 tradesman with the somewhat useless small screen.? Thank's for any info on this. Charlie

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at a 8.4 U connect from a 2021 . I'm wondering if it would plug n play in my 2024 tradesman with the somewhat useless small screen.? Thank's for any info on this. Charlie

If the 2024 and the 2021 are both 5th gens or both 4gen “classics” it should work. I have no real world experience with these years but have read more than a few posts that folks had issues trying to use a 4th gen radio in a 5th gen truck and vis versa. It’s also not a plug and play replacement as the 8.4 radios have climate control functions. There are conversion harnesses sold by forum member MPGrimm on the vendor page. I believe his company is M2Mods. His knowledge on these swaps is deep and his harnesses are outstanding. Reach out to him for a definitive answer and wiring solutions.