Until the end of this year, Top Tier Gasoline may not meet Top Tier Standard due to "... navigating through unprecedented times."

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
PI the fuel sits on the rail until the valve opens, di into cylinder prior to spark. It's posted a bunch of times in syn thread but I'm not sure why we went into the weeds.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Um, ok, so this means PI receives fuel during the intake stroke, and DI during compression stroke which is later in the engine cycle. I'm not sure either, but the statement was accurate.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
While camping on the beach eons ago we were all desperate to start a fire to stay warm There wasn’t much kindling so we decided to pour some gasoline to accelerate the process
That didn’t work too well and it was obvious we were going to be using way too much gasoline.
Then I had the idea to try some tequila … on the fire too.
Well it was like what the heck are they (the gasoline companies) doing to our fuel that makes it so anemic ??

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
It's a better use of alcohol than machinery fuel.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, does this mean I won't be able to buy Mobil 93 octane gas?? "Top Tier"?
(Just skimmed through the thread. lol)

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
So, does this mean I won't be able to buy Mobil 93 octane gas?? "Top Tier"?
(Just skimmed through the thread. lol)

Read the Top Tier Group statement again. It answers your question.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Read the Top Tier Group statement again. It answers your question.
Absolutely terrible.

Every which way you turn it's a ******* nightmare.
Inflation
No baby formula for newborns.
Recession, possible stagflation on the horizon.
Now this, among other things. Absolutely horrendous.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not all corporations are evil, lol (I know you didn't claim that). Everyone wants cheap gas..

I started out many yrs ago working at a couple small/med sized companies, but most of my career was at large corporations (Fortune 75). They both have their place. Some products/services are nearly impossible for small companies to invest and produce ...and can require millions (even billions) of investment before a penny is earned. And it works the other way around too ...small companies can be very innovative and responsive ...quick to put out new products/services.

Kind of like designing/developing a new Ram pick-up model that contains 15,000+ parts an enormous amount of resources to pull together. Then constructing/testing prototypes, designing/building a new plant to building it in, staffing, salaries, etc. Selling and servicing problems.

I personally enjoyed working in both environments.
I've worked for two large corporations, albeit in different fields and markets. In both there was one thing in common, the ascendency of MBAs. From what I observed the most common characteristic was their propensity to become simple, bottom line managers. That equated to the constant pursuit to take cost out of the product or process.

In most cases my then sixteen year-old daughter could've done the same job.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 70737 miles