Warlock bumper chipping and flaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve just seen a few days ago or so. Where the poster showed Warlock bumpers are peeling and flaking. I just washed my truck today and mine are doing the same very sad. Truck is only 2 years old. Time for a trip to dealers just what I don’t want to do loose my truck longer for what is needed to fix this!!

OP
OP
21SilverRam

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think there was someone who Linex’d the Warlock bumpers but I can’t seem to find it. I thought he had same issues I’m seeing on mine with chipping and peeling.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
There is a VERY good reason why us old guys like Chrome. IF you are going to run paint matched bumpers then PPF at minimum, or color matched Bed coating are about your only reasonable choices. Anyone that expects regular automotive paint to hold up to the road blasting a front end gets is dreaming in Technicolor.

Last edited:

jason1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My '21 warlock powder coating was coming off pretty bad.

I bed linered it and I love it. I go through brush often and either the powder coating by factory was flawed or it just wasn't a good choice for my application. I'm hoping and assume the bed liner coating will hold up better. And if not I can easily touch it up now.

1000012177.jpg

Still waiting on my fog light parts
1000012173.jpg

1000012174.jpg

I did the back just to match the front as I liked it so much.
1000012232.jpg
1000012233.jpg

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What was the process..did you need to take the front off to be done and take in the parts or done wirth bumper on truck? Cost approximate?

jason1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Taping and masking. Pop any sensors out. Could take the bumpers off and do it.

Local shop charges about $300 per bumper.

jason1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Oh and clean off well and light sanding.

OP
OP
21SilverRam

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My '21 warlock powder coating was coming off pretty bad.

I bed linered it and I love it. I go through brush often and either the powder coating by factory was flawed or it just wasn't a good choice for my application. I'm hoping and assume the bed liner coating will hold up better. And if not I can easily touch it up now.

View attachment 547410

Still waiting on my fog light parts
View attachment 547411

View attachment 547412

I did the back just to match the front as I liked it so much.
View attachment 547408
View attachment 547409

OP
OP
21SilverRam

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think your thread was the one I was referring too. It turned out great! Did you do it or the shop? If you did it what did use on it?

jason1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I think your thread was the one I was referring too. It turned out great! Did you do it or the shop? If you did it what did use on it?
I was going to do it myself for half the cost with a quality product(not Walmart rattle can stuff) but decided to go with local shop for the first go at it. Then touch up myself as needed with the cheap rattle can.

I found Hercules bed liner from Walmart matches color wise with the rhino bed liner in the bed of my truck that the local company uses. I've touched up many times now back there.

They said what they were going to do and it was fine with me to not take the bumper off as it wasn't the back of it I was trying to protect.

At first I just did the front for utility reasons and ended up doing the back because it looked so good. Kinda like a mullet I guess.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Obvious statement but ....If the underlying prep isn't good ...e.g. applying over flaking paint, i would expect the bed coating would be vulnerable to flaking too....eventually. Esp if it gets rubbed-on, tweaked, etc.

So definitely make sure you have good prep, it should hold well.

Last edited:

jason1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Obvious statement but ....If the underlying prep isn't good ...e.g. applying over flaking paint, i would expect the bed coating would be vulnerable to flaking too....eventually. Esp if it gets rubbed-on, tweaked, etc.

So definitely make sure you have good prep, it should hold well.

Absolutely. Good prep and planning is almost always the most important steps to anything.

OP
OP
21SilverRam

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is peeling off on top of bumper near the front light. Looks awful!!!