What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So today after work I pulled my wheel and liner and removed the collector bolts, put some rtv red ultra on there and tightened more evenly. Voila! Also removed heat shield for the plug on the frame right under the driver side collector and relocated the plug to the outside of the frame with the connectors that were on the wire already. Noise is gone, at some point I need to redo the passenger collector which has a slight leak,but isn't loud or annoying. After working all day in the heat and then coming home and working on my truck in 90+ degree temps I am glad to be done. Sent a photo and message to the garage I took my truck to and they didn't even reply. Just told them that it was never missing a bolt and sent them the pic of the manifold I took after picking up. Last time I go to that place.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
So today after work I pulled my wheel and liner and removed the collector bolts, put some rtv red ultra on there and tightened more evenly. Voila! Also removed heat shield for the plug on the frame right under the driver side collector and relocated the plug to the outside of the frame with the connectors that were on the wire already. Noise is gone, at some point I need to redo the passenger collector which has a slight leak,but isn't loud or annoying. After working all day in the heat and then coming home and working on my truck in 90+ degree temps I am glad to be done. Sent a photo and message to the garage I took my truck to and they didn't even reply. Just told them that it was never missing a bolt and sent them the pic of the manifold I took after picking up. Last time I go to that place.
Glad you got that one nailed down. I hear you on the heat right now. I had some work in the attic to do recently and could only spend so much time up there before I was a mess and needed a break - lots of trips to finish. As far as trusted garage for me has been very hard to find in my area. Had a dealer close that I'd take items to where I couldn't do them for several years (wasn't very many things but when it occurred type thing), but management change squashed that eventually. For me I've been supporting any product, vendor, etc with my purchasing and feedback online as I go. I think many of us could deal/appreciate a response on your situation even if it was "Sorry" response of some type. I get the liability part with a garage as a business overall. Being honest and sincere however is what will keep many customers coming back IMHO.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad you got that one nailed down. I hear you on the heat right now. I had some work in the attic to do recently and could only spend so much time up there before I was a mess and needed a break - lots of trips to finish. As far as trusted garage for me has been very hard to find in my area. Had a dealer close that I'd take items to where I couldn't do them for several years (wasn't very many things but when it occurred type thing), but management change squashed that eventually. For me I've been supporting any product, vendor, etc with my purchasing and feedback online as I go. I think many of us could deal/appreciate a response on your situation even if it was "Sorry" response of some type. I get the liability part with a garage as a business overall. Being honest and sincere however is what will keep many customers coming back IMHO.
Yeah, crickets. Do you know of any gaskets that fit between stock pipe and BD diesel manifolds? Had a hell of a time getting a good seal. I don't think the shop even pulled my tire to look at it.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

CanuckRam1313

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Yeah, crickets. Do you know of any gaskets that fit between stock pipe and BD diesel manifolds? Had a hell of a time getting a good seal. I don't think the shop even pulled my tire to look at it.
Unfortunately there are no exhaust donut gaskets for the collector bolt ups.
It's a ball/socket type of fitment only, as you're aware.

I used Permatex Ultra Copper RTV on the collectors and new hardware as well, and this worked fairly well to seal everything up.

However, it wasn't a perfect seal, and I wasn't completely satisfied.
I took it to an exhaust shop in Toronto, Hot Rod Scott's, where they do full custom exhaust work on every level.

They ended up cutting off the OEM cups that connect to the manifold balls, and fabricated custom cups with flanges.
It took a few fittings and runs to be fully sealed, but it worked out perfectly with 100% sealing.

HarryS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not this week, but since I purchased my 2014 SLT in January, I've added laramie heated/cooled/memory seats, memory mirrors, auto dimming rear view mirror, humidity sensor, heated rear seats, 2022 jump seat, 8.4 uconnect, single zone auto AC, factory CD player, Laramie dash, auto high beams, heated leather steering wheel with new clockspring, 9 speaker Alpine system, with amp, LED tail lights, aftermarket headlights, fog lights, front and rear parking sensors and memory adjustable pedals.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So shop just messaged me and said oil is changed,but I have a broken manifold bolt at the back of the driver side manifold and they didn't feel comfortable doing the work. Probably because I put them on and the bolts are proprietary maybe? Anyways, I have only driven the truck for test drives since install due to the noise I heard. I am beyond comprehension how I snapped a new bolt on short test drives. No issues with passenger side which I also did in April. FML! I think I do have extra bolts, but can't for the life of me understand how this even happened. Their system has spacers to allow expansion to keep this from happening. Maybe just a bad bolt?

Edit
So after reading the invoice it said bolt missing. The driver side manifold is made for 2 different bolt configurations and the hole near the rear he's referring to does not get a bolt. So itlf that's the case it's the collector leaking like I told them. Wtf?!?!
Time to search out a dealer that has techs with knowledge. That is sad.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Time to search out a dealer that has techs with knowledge. That is sad.
I literally told them what was wrong, they looked assumed I was missing a bolt and never addressed my collectors. I just ran out of time and needed an oil change so I figured I'd let them do it. I know another shop that I used to use with my 2005 RAM. Time to go back to him. I almost always do most of my own work.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Problem is, most dealers are just parts changers, and can't really troubleshoot beyond what the manual tells them.
I should have added ,or an independent shop , or mechanic.

I agree with what your saying, I think most can’t read very well either.

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Swapped out my stock horn with the PIAA 85115 "superior bass" horns. With the generous help of this community, and SitKneelBend for the final solution was able to keep the stock pigtail in place, and cobbled a harness for the new horns.
My observations:
The PIAA horns are louder than what I pulled out, approx 20 decibels with my crappy phone app. I would guess they are the same as brand new stock horns, but mine were 6-7 years old, and the previous owner must have been an angry guy.
The new tone is where they really shine. Considerably deeper. It sounds like a truck, and not some cheap import.
Is you are feeling like your horn is lacking, I would recommend. If you think you are going to get air horn sound, I would say pass.1000002401.jpg1000002406.jpg1000002408.jpg

Sean J Blackburn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Took the rear diff cover off and changed the fluid
Replaced the panhard bar
Replaced all 4 rear control arms

Attachments

• 20240803_082728.jpg
    20240803_082728.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240731_174932.jpg
    20240731_174932.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 10

Drifter667

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I decided to bleed my brakes and replace the brake fluid with some nice clean DOT 4 since it looked a little dirty, old fluid ended up being in much worse condition then I had though it would be.

The full bottle is old motor oil from my scooter, the other is the old brake fluid from my truck.... I think it was well past time to be changed.

IMG_20240723_151118.jpg