What did you do with your 5th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I never consider anything truly "mine," until AFTER I've spilled coffee on it. It's rare that I don't have a cup of coffee in my hand.
I adhere to the 'spilled beer' rule. You know, since I would never drink coffee in my truck and take a chance on spilling the hot cup in my lap. :cheers:

TRK_GANG74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered and replaced the warm white ambient interior lighting with red from Paragoptics costing $200 and made in the USA. No cheap Chinese crap put together by god knows who. Pretty easy to install and looks way better than the white. The iPhone makes it look way brighter than it really is but it’s brighter than the warm white it replaced. Took about 3 hours taking my time and the door panels are a pain to get off. Replaced a total of 19 LED’s on circuit boards.

Attachments

• IMG_1071.jpeg
    IMG_1071.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1072.jpeg
    IMG_1072.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1073.jpeg
    IMG_1073.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1074.jpeg
    IMG_1074.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered and replaced the warm white ambient interior lighting with red from Paragoptics costing $200 and made in the USA. No cheap Chinese crap put together by god knows who. Pretty easy to install and looks way better than the white. The iPhone makes it look way brighter than it really is but it’s brighter than the warm white it replaced. Took about 3 hours taking my time and the door panels are a pain to get off. Replaced a total of 19 LED’s on circuit boards.
Are they on only when opening and closing a door or do you keep it on?

And did you change the overhead cabin lights?

I bought a set of LED and changed the overhead cabin lights and didn't like the harsh brightness of the LED. I preferred the soft yellow factory, but they are not bright enough, hence why I tried LED.

Can you get a softer LED to mimic the factory yellow, just brighter?

Looks great!

TRK_GANG74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are on when my parking lights or headlights are on and they come on when I open the door regardless. You don’t really notice it in the day time unless you look at the dash. I left the overhead the warm white because it helps to see the center console when driving if I need see something there. The replacement white they have is brighter and whiter which is why I didn't get it. I'm really diggin the red now after a few weeks and it’s not overpowering. Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanfam