What did you do with your 5th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
AZ - 83 Miles SW of the Geographical Center
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I never consider anything truly "mine," until AFTER I've spilled coffee on it. It's rare that I don't have a cup of coffee in my hand.
I adhere to the 'spilled beer' rule. You know, since I would never drink coffee in my truck and take a chance on spilling the hot cup in my lap. :cheers:

TRK_GANG74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered and replaced the warm white ambient interior lighting with red from Paragoptics costing $200 and made in the USA. No cheap Chinese crap put together by god knows who. Pretty easy to install and looks way better than the white. The iPhone makes it look way brighter than it really is but it’s brighter than the warm white it replaced. Took about 3 hours taking my time and the door panels are a pain to get off. Replaced a total of 19 LED’s on circuit boards.

Attachments

• IMG_1071.jpeg
    IMG_1071.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1072.jpeg
    IMG_1072.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1073.jpeg
    IMG_1073.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1074.jpeg
    IMG_1074.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered and replaced the warm white ambient interior lighting with red from Paragoptics costing $200 and made in the USA. No cheap Chinese crap put together by god knows who. Pretty easy to install and looks way better than the white. The iPhone makes it look way brighter than it really is but it’s brighter than the warm white it replaced. Took about 3 hours taking my time and the door panels are a pain to get off. Replaced a total of 19 LED’s on circuit boards.
Are they on only when opening and closing a door or do you keep it on?

And did you change the overhead cabin lights?

I bought a set of LED and changed the overhead cabin lights and didn't like the harsh brightness of the LED. I preferred the soft yellow factory, but they are not bright enough, hence why I tried LED.

Can you get a softer LED to mimic the factory yellow, just brighter?

Looks great!

TRK_GANG74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are on when my parking lights or headlights are on and they come on when I open the door regardless. You don’t really notice it in the day time unless you look at the dash. I left the overhead the warm white because it helps to see the center console when driving if I need see something there. The replacement white they have is brighter and whiter which is why I didn't get it. I'm really diggin the red now after a few weeks and it’s not overpowering. Thanks.

Last edited:

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
AZ - 83 Miles SW of the Geographical Center
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Picked up my truck from the dealer yesterday after warranty work. I had thought it had a leaking rear main seal because a tiny drop of oil was hanging from exactly where it would be with such a leak. Turns out it was the pan gasket leaking and running around the back and dripping from the same spot.

I was originally told they were 3 days behind - it took 2 weeks to the day after I dropped it off. The techs were, however, very personable, apologized for how long it took, and thanked me for my patience so I'm good with that.

WSix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Picked up my truck from the dealer yesterday after warranty work. I had thought it had a leaking rear main seal because a tiny drop of oil was hanging from exactly where it would be with such a leak. Turns out it was the pan gasket leaking and running around the back and dripping from the same spot.

I was originally told they were 3 days behind - it took 2 weeks to the day after I dropped it off. The techs were, however, very personable, apologized for how long it took, and thanked me for my patience so I'm good with that.
I can't imagine what these mechanics and parts dept folks must go through/put up with due to parts shortages and such!

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not my Ram but our Durango.

Full detail inside and out Icon ROCKLEAR coating. Did the body, glass, and wheels.
Hard to see swirl makes in white anyway, but I had a few. Not anymore. Even covered the rock chips we had in the front bumper.

Very pleased. Wasn’t cheap but comes with a long warranty.

Had my daughter’s purple challenger done last month, I’ll get the Rebel done next month.

Attachments

• IMG_0770.jpeg
    IMG_0770.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0769.jpeg
    IMG_0769.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0768.jpeg
    IMG_0768.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0767.jpeg
    IMG_0767.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0766.jpeg
    IMG_0766.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 2

stevieb92

Reaction score
A few upgrades/mods over the last week or so. First, I installed a 180 thermostat in my truck. Easiest thermostat swap I’ve done in my life. Steady state highway driving coolant temps dropped about 20 degrees. Oil and trans temps dropped about 10-15 degrees as well. No codes or CEL. Did the same driving loop before and after in the same ambient temp (80F) and humidity (~50%). I’ll look into how to get the radiator fan to turn on sooner than factory setting. Super happy!

Second mod is an Odyssey H8 AGM battery. There is nothing wrong with my OEM battery but after reading countless threads with battery issues in newer trucks I thought I would make the swap before it bites me. Taking that little plastic spacer nub out of the bottom of the tray is all it takes to fit an H8 in place of the H7. I’ll get a new insulation wrap in the near future for the H8.

Third mod is a Bakflip Revolver X4S from Real Truck. Install went smooth and it lined up really nice without any fuss. Super easy to install and feels pretty secure to boot! Really happy with the purchase! Thanks @RealTruck!!!

Stant_180-Thermostat.jpeg

Odyssey_H8.jpeg

Bakflip_X4S_Revolver.jpeg

WSix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Used my truck as a dead man/anchor point to drag a shipping container into place using a farm jack......

RealTruck

Reaction score
A few upgrades/mods over the last week or so. First, I installed a 180 thermostat in my truck. Easiest thermostat swap I’ve done in my life. Steady state highway driving coolant temps dropped about 20 degrees. Oil and trans temps dropped about 10-15 degrees as well. No codes or CEL. Did the same driving loop before and after in the same ambient temp (80F) and humidity (~50%). I’ll look into how to get the radiator fan to turn on sooner than factory setting. Super happy!

Second mod is an Odyssey H8 AGM battery. There is nothing wrong with my OEM battery but after reading countless threads with battery issues in newer trucks I thought I would make the swap before it bites me. Taking that little plastic spacer nub out of the bottom of the tray is all it takes to fit an H8 in place of the H7. I’ll get a new insulation wrap in the near future for the H8.

Third mod is a Bakflip Revolver X4S from Real Truck. Install went smooth and it lined up really nice without any fuss. Super easy to install and feels pretty secure to boot! Really happy with the purchase! Thanks @RealTruck!!!

View attachment 547465

View attachment 547466

View attachment 547467
Stellar upgrades :cool: I'm thrilled to hear that your X4s arrived on time and that you were able to get it installed without any issues. It looks perfect, great job!

Nashveygus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 547465

View attachment 547466

View attachment 547467
Thanks for the post, on the 180 thermostat- I had no idea this would lower our temps by 20 degrees, did you replace the coolant as well? I may have to give it a whirl!

stevieb92

Reaction score
Thanks for the post, on the 180 thermostat- I had no idea this would lower our temps by 20 degrees, did you replace the coolant as well? I may have to give it a whirl!
If you're sitting in traffic and not moving, the temp will still climb up to the 220s and then the fan will kick on. However, steady state driving at highway speeds the 180 thermostat will help. I believe Alfaobd will be able to do that, but I'm not 100% positive with that. I did not replace the coolant. My truck only has 2200 miles on it right now.

Last edited: