Wheel Opening Flare Molding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hermie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
is there a video or instructions on how to remove old right side wheel Opening Flare Molding and installing new one? Mine has bad scratches on it.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Pretty sure it’s just a strong adhesive. When I pulled the ones off my Sierra I used a knife to get it between the fender and the flare to cut it. That said, the fenders were getting thrown away so I didn’t care about scratching them. If you are putting new ones on you could do the same, just being careful to keep the blade down low where the scratches will get covered by the new flares. If you aren’t putting any back on, it would look pretty terrible. Not sure how to handle that.

A child of God

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L ecodiesel v6
Normally fishing line is used. Tie a bunch of knots in a 2' piece of line. You now have a saw that won't damage anything. Take your time and be gentle or you'll snap the line.
Another option is to pull the flare away from the fender a wee bit and put a liquid adhesive remover in there. Give it a little time and shove an old credit card in there. It cuts like a knife.