Where is the PCV valve in the 5th gen 5.7 L ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
none
Engine
none
Can some one verify where the PCV valve is in a 5.7 L 5th gen ? I think I see it in one of two parallel hoses that run to right of engine but can't get it out. I'm burning oil every 1600 miles and my dealer says this is within allowable usage !

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Can some one verify where the PCV valve is in a 5.7 L 5th gen ? I think I see it in one of two parallel hoses that run to right of engine but can't get it out. I'm burning oil every 1600 miles and my dealer says this is within allowable usage !
It's on the pass side of the intake towards the back of the intake manifold,basically kitty corner from your oil fill.If it's never been out,good chance you'll have to grab the ears with pliars to twist it out. Doesn't hurt to pay attention to the way it faces when you remove it,so you reinstall it,with the hole in the side facing the same way as your original,although i'm not sure it really makes any differance which way the hole faces.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevo5441