which bulbs for 2013 Ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bcraig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd say, dealers choice.

Using alcohol is primarily to remove any oil residues caused by skin contact or handling.

I usually used a paper towel with alcohol or peroxide, whatever was handy.

Some shop rags have leave more lint buildup than I'd prefer on a halogen bulb.

Those things run kind of hot.

I will just use use a paper towel and the alcohol to clean the bulbs and a dry paper towel to make sure all the alcohol is dried from the bulbs.

I am understanding the mod from H11 to be able use the H9 bulb.

For the

OP
OP
B

bcraig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For the change from H9005 to the
H9011 is the only thing I need to do is to change the size of one of the plastic tabs on the H9011 bulb so it matches the H9005 plastic tabs in height and width ?

If so would a small fine file work well for that purpose ?

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will just use use a paper towel and the alcohol to clean the bulbs and a dry paper towel to make sure all the alcohol is dried from the bulbs.

Alcohol is highly evaporative and doesn't require drying.

I never dry alcohol or peroxide.

I clean them immediately before installation and by the time I've powered them, they'll be dry.

I use the same process with HID dive lights.

OP
OP
B

bcraig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Alcohol is highly evaporative and doesn't require drying.

I never dry alcohol or peroxide.

I clean them immediately before installation and by the time I've powered them, they'll be dry.

I use the same process with HID dive lights.

I also posted a video on how to change from a H11 Bulb and modify a H9 Bulb so it will
fit inside the Headlight housing

I also Posted a couple of videos on how to change from a H9005 Bulb and Modify A H9011 Bulb so it will fit in the headlight housing

If you dont mind would you take a look at the videos and tell me if those are right to go from
H11 to H9 Bulbs
And from
H9005 to 9011 Bulbs ?

Thanks

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also posted a video on how to change from a H11 Bulb and modify a H9 Bulb so it will
fit inside the Headlight housing

I also Posted a couple of videos on how to change from a H9005 Bulb and Modify A H9011 Bulb so it will fit in the headlight housing

If you dont mind would you take a look at the videos and tell me if those are right to go from
H11 to H9 Bulbs
And from
H9005 to 9011 Bulbs ?

Thanks

You typed into the quoted portion of the post which hides your reply and makes quoting you very tedious.

Try skipping a couple of lines below the quoted text and then your type will be visible below the quote window.

I have no experience modifying headlight bulbs. You might review your thread, determine who recommended this modification, and quote their post, asking for assistance.

OP
OP
B

bcraig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You typed into the quoted portion of the post which hides your reply and makes quoting you very tedious.

Try skipping a couple of lines below the quoted text and then your type will be visible below the quote window.

I have no experience modifying headlight bulbs. You might review your thread, determine who recommended this modification, and quote their post, asking for assistance.

Oh, I see and sorry for Making the Post so tedious for you to Quote.

I did not realize that you have no experience Modifying the headlight bulbs that I will be using.

I thought that perhaps you had just overlooked answering my questions about the headlight modifications needed for these Halogen bulbs.

Now that I know that you do not have any experience with the specific form of bulb Modification with the bulbs that i will be using,I will refrain from asking you to review a post that I made and asking for your help with answering it.
My mistake

The reason that I asked you is that you have helped me with prior questions and were the last one to comment and help me in my other Post questions.

I think that anyone who wants to answer my questions concerning these bulbs that I will be using will chime in with additional information if they want to do so.
I expect that if the dont have any additional imformation or just dont want to chime in that they will just ignore the the Question.

The reason that I created the other post is hopefully to get other answers to my questions concerning bulb modifications and was getting cluttered with a lot of information about bulbs and other topics .

I wanted one place to go to get specific information concerning bulb modifications and make it easier for others to get specific information in one place, instead or having to search in various snippets of information in the site and on other places in youtube.

Thanks for your other help concerning the other help that you have provided me concerning Headlights in general,headlight removal and the cleaning of bulbs etc.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh, I see and sorry for Making the Post so tedious for you to Quote.

I did not realize that you have no experience Modifying the headlight bulbs that I will be using.

I thought that perhaps you had just overlooked answering my questions about the headlight modifications needed for these Halogen bulbs.

Now that I know that you do not have any experience with the specific form of bulb Modification with the bulbs that i will be using,I will refrain from asking you to review a post that I made and asking for your help with answering it.
My mistake

The reason that I asked you is that you have helped me with prior questions and were the last one to comment and help me in my other Post questions.

I think that anyone who wants to answer my questions concerning these bulbs that I will be using will chime in with additional information if they want to do so.
I expect that if the dont have any additional imformation or just dont want to chime in that they will just ignore the the Question.

The reason that I created the other post is hopefully to get other answers to my questions concerning bulb modifications and was getting cluttered with a lot of information about bulbs and other topics .

I wanted one place to go to get specific information concerning bulb modifications and make it easier for others to get specific information in one place, instead or having to search in various snippets of information in the site and on other places in youtube.

Thanks for your other help concerning the other help that you have provided me concerning Headlights in general,headlight removal and the cleaning of bulbs etc.

You're most welcome.

I'm happy to contribute wherever I might provide assistance, I hope my housing pointers were helpful.

This thread may also assist others with condensation build-up, I see the value in your detailed updates and looking forward to hearing what you discover for solutions.

I would suggest that you find a member who has already discussed this modification process with you in this thread.

If you quote them in your reply, they will receive a notification that they were quoted and likely return to investigate. :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMIMS37