Why is my truck leaning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Installed Bilstein 5160's and B12 special lift springs. After a month of use, the tuck is 1.5" higher on one side than the other. I don't see anything obviously broken, but something is definitly off!

El_Dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic SLT
Engine
Mine does the same. I have a maxtrac 4.5" lift and the driver's side is about 1" lower. i'm not sure if it was like that before or not, as I didn't measure beforehand.

hubbard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
I have a 3" Eibach airdelete.com lift and I notice the same thing in the same area. It appears that the driver side front is an inch or so "less lifted" than the passneger side. It is only noticed when walking toward the truck and I don't notice anything that feels the height is off when I am driving.

CO-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wanted to reach out as I'm experiencing a similar issue to what you've described. Currently, I'm running Bilstein 6112 shocks in the front and Bilstein 5160s in the rear, paired with Icon springs. I've been noticing that the driver side of my vehicle seems to lean down, and initially, I thought it might be due to faulty springs.

However, after some research, I came across information suggesting that this could be a common occurrence when the gas tank is full, causing the driver side to lean more. I’m not sure if this is accurate, but it might be worth considering as a potential factor.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I wanted to reach out as I'm experiencing a similar issue to what you've described. Currently, I'm running Bilstein 6112 shocks in the front and Bilstein 5160s in the rear, paired with Icon springs. I've been noticing that the driver side of my vehicle seems to lean down, and initially, I thought it might be due to faulty springs.

However, after some research, I came across information suggesting that this could be a common occurrence when the gas tank is full, causing the driver side to lean more. I’m not sure if this is accurate, but it might be worth considering as a potential factor.
That tank full theory doesn't really apply,as the tank is inside the frame rails,closer to the center of the truck,then it is to the outside,plus the engine and transmission are offset to the pass side of the truck by a couple inches,which more then offsets the fuel tanks weight. Take a tape measure to the engine,and measure from both fenders to the center of the throttle body/engine,and you'll see how much closer the engine and transmission are to the passenger side.You can also tell by the size of the footwells,the drivers side footwell is noticably wider then the passenger side footwell.
Several years ago on another forum,a Chryco engineer said the trucks were engineered to be lower on the drivers side to offset the road crown,whether his statements are correct,i don't know,but it makes alot more sense then the old wifes tail of the fuel tank theory