Will aftermarket 17 inch rims fit on a 2020 Ram 1500 Classic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reklaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got the stock 17x7 wheels and am looking to get aftermarket 17" wheels and bigger tires. What aftermarket wheel specs do I need to look for that won't interfere with the brakes or anything else? Also without having to use any spacers. Thanks!

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How much bigger tire? What type of lift do you have? You'll need to look for 6x5.5 bolt pattern, and less offset. Stock offset is +19, you can go to zero offset and gain 3/4" clearance. All depends on the tire size you are going for. Also try to get hubcenteic wheels, 77.8 hub size. Otherwise, you'll need centering rings.
There are many variables that all have to be addressed at the same time

Check out a site called custom offsets. Obesity never shopped with them, but they have a large gallery of customers trucks grouped by make/model

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

reklaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How much bigger tire? What type of lift do you have? You'll need to look for 6x5.5 bolt pattern, and less offset. Stock offset is +19, you can go to zero offset and gain 3/4" clearance. All depends on the tire size you are going for. Also try to get hubcenteic wheels, 77.8 hub size. Otherwise, you'll need centering rings.
There are many variables that all have to be addressed at the same time

Check out a site called custom offsets. Obesity never shopped with them, but they have a large gallery of customers trucks grouped by make/model
It came stock with 265/70r17 with a 17x7 wheel and 5x5.5 lug pattern. Also I believe the stock rims have a 25.4 offset.
I plan to do either a 2" level or put bilstein 5100 shocks and set the front at 2.1". Also have been looking at 285/75/r17 which are about 33.86" tall.
I've actually looked at that site and have seen a few trucks with 17's, so I guess it is possible. Just wanted extra confirmation haha. Thanks for the input!

Black1500Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2020 with 5 lug, is it a left over classic?
Anyhow, 17’s clear the brakes in diameter just…

I would avoid designs with deep concavity in their spokes that’s usually where brake clearance becomes an issue even at X offset.

OP
OP
R

reklaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2020 with 5 lug, is it a left over classic?
Anyhow, 17’s clear the brakes in diameter just…

I would avoid designs with deep concavity in their spokes that’s usually where brake clearance becomes an issue even at X offset.
Yes, it's a Classic. Thanks for the advice!

Black1500Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, it's a Classic. Thanks for the advice!
Welcome,

I did an extensive search of 17’s back when I was looking for lightweight wheels. Search my name if you’d like I have a thread on it where I go over some of the ones I found.

YeeterLee

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
you can do 295's if you wanted. Im on 17s with 295s and +19(factory offset) on my wheels and no lifts and i clear my UCA just fine at full lock.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good call staying with 17s
I went with 18s on mine to make sure i cleared the brakes, but even 18s look large on our trucks

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
What is the backspace specs for the stock 20 inch rims. I have the rims now that you can see in my profile pic. Thinking about going with a 285/70/17 tire. Pulling my hair out trying to figure what the specs are for a 17 inch rim that will mount close to stock.. I’m seeing offset, backspace, width etc.. ugh

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is the backspace specs for the stock 20 inch rims. I have the rims now that you can see in my profile pic. Thinking about going with a 285/70/17 tire. Pulling my hair out trying to figure what the specs are for a 17 inch rim that will mount close to stock.. I’m seeing offset, backspace, width etc.. ugh
Offset is the same as backspace, just measured in a bassackward way