Wireless Charging Pad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500Hoosier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 MHEV
2021 Ram Big Horn has the wireless Charging Pad but will not charge my iPhone. I have a wireless charging pad in my home and it charges my phone so the phone is not the problem.
I'm "assuming" that if the vehicle has a wireless charging pad that it should work???

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Watch out on those assumptions, U know what they mean. Depending upon how new yer I Phone, there have been reports of the phones getting rather warm when charging, especially wireless. I have a 14, but I do not have wireless in my lowly Bighorn. Some PPL have reported when charging and phones being used hard, phones got a lil warm, just be aware.

ADDED: Info on this from Apple forum, not necessary RAM Forum, and not necessarily RAM specific.

ADDED: Not sure if U have to enable something on yer phone, like an APP and/or in RAM U connect controls, since I do not have wireless on my 19.

Your vehicle may be equipped with a 15W 3A Qi wireless
charging pad located inside of the center console just below
the CD player (if equipped). This charging pad is designed
to wirelessly charge your Qi enabled mobile phone. Qi is a
standard that uses magnetic induction to transfer power to
your mobile device.

Your mobile phone must be designed for Qi wireless
charging. If the phone is not equipped with Qi wireless
charging functionality, an aftermarket sleeve or a specialized
back plate can be purchased from your mobile phone
provider or an local electronics retailer. Please see your
phone’s owner’s manual for further information.
The wireless charging pad is equipped with an anti-slip
mat, an adjustable cradle to hold your mobile phone in
place and an LED indicator light.

OP: Till figured out, just plug in a USB A or C and charge that way. lol.

Last edited:

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
OP, I have a iPhone 13 Pro Max with the latest iOS. I have a 2022 with the wireless charging pad and it will charge my phone with it a case on it. It’s a little finicky when you place it, but it does work. As stated above, it does seem to make my phone pretty warm when in the charging saddle.