Would like a higher PSI for my engine oil, options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
At idle I'm currently averaging 35psi with the engine averaging at 203 degrees.
On the highway around I'm averaging 48psi with the RPM's around 1700

That's with 5w30 AMSOIL with a WIX XP filter.
Ever thought of hunting up a Royal Purple 20-820 filter to try out,as you're down a bit on pressure compared to what my 300 runs at.My truck with dual remote filters idles in the 50/51 range hot at 750 rpm,and at 65 mph runs at 59/60 psi,and 75/76 psi at it's 6600 rpm shift point. That's with 5W-30 redline and 2 big ole 30-8A Royal Purple filters.

Attachments

• DSCN4954.JPG
    DSCN4954.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 3

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And to think Ford was supercharging the Y block 312 back in the 57 T-birds,lol
They were strong engines, but when they finally died, don't bother rebuilding as it was now a boat mooring.

(The good old day when we used to be able an old bare engine block as a boat mooring. Once it sat in the mud for 6 months, would take a 50 ton crane to pull it out)

OP
OP
FullForceRam

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
Ever thought of hunting up a Royal Purple 20-820 filter to try out,as you're down a bit on pressure compared to what my 300 runs at.My truck with dual remote filters idles in the 50/51 range hot at 750 rpm,and at 65 mph runs at 59/60 psi,and 75/76 psi at it's 6600 rpm shift point. That's with 5W-30 redline and 2 big ole 30-8A Royal Purple filters.
I do have the remote SINGLE oil filter setup on my truck from Pac Brake, makes changing those filters A LOT easier.
I'll have to try out the Royal Purple filter you had mentioned.

One thing I thought however, with adding TOO much pressure, I almost wonder if that would introduce oil blowby and potentially causing an issue with the catalytic converter(s)
I've seen vehicles where here at our shop when too much oil blow by will cause havoc on catalyst system and then customers are having to replace those cats... They aren't exactly cheap.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I do have the remote SINGLE oil filter setup on my truck from Pac Brake, makes changing those filters A LOT easier.
I'll have to try out the Royal Purple filter you had mentioned.

One thing I thought however, with adding TOO much pressure, I almost wonder if that would introduce oil blowby and potentially causing an issue with the catalytic converter(s)
I've seen vehicles where here at our shop when too much oil blow by will cause havoc on catalyst system and then customers are having to replace those cats... They aren't exactly cheap.
Oil pressure doesn't really have anything to do with blow by.That's more to do with the rings being either wore out,or opened up for boost/nitrous etc.. No pressureized oil fed to the cylinders,that's like the guys who think high oil pressure blows out seals,and there's no seal in an engine that has pressurized oil fed to it.Seals blow out because crankcase pressures are high,not from oil pressure being high,crankcase pressures can be high from a poorly maintained PCV or ring blow by

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brendo99