2013 Ram 1500 won’t start or hold a jump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shteven401

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I was driving on the highway all of a sudden truck would not accelerate lost power steering and lights started going crazy. I pulled over shut it off tried to restart and it all I get is a click and won’t turn over. Now battery is completely dead tried jumping it. Lights came on then the dash lit up like a Christmas tree every single light and truck still won’t start and the battery is completely dead again. Is it the starter alternator battery or did my engine seize?

There’s been a ticking and when the truck did stop working while I was driving I did smell a burning sent and my transmission isn’t reading any temperature and just all the lights start flashing like crazy and then the battery is completely drained.

Just tried jumping it a few minutes ago and did the same thing lights went crazy I used a multimeter reader and battery is showing barely any voltage which I asssumed because it was completely drained while I had it connected to loaner car volts were at 12-13

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
O had an immediate battery failure once, ran fine into a driveway and then restarting 5 minutes later all went haywire. It was a broken plate inside the battery. From your voltage issue, your battery could be the culprit.

OP
OP
S

Shteven401

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks guys I will switch the battery and go from there just trying to save the trip to the mechanics and get charged for something that could be a simple fix. Not very mechanically inclined so figured I’d reach out here before getting the run around.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Clean the terminals also while it’s disconNested .