2014 Stereo Upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
Hi all,
Just sold my 3rd Gen and bought a 4th Gen and looking at upgrading the stock stereo to something with my bells and whistles, but don't want to break the bank.

Looking for something that has bluetooth connectivity and touch screen, and most importantly, relieability.

What are some of the stereo head units out there that sound good with those options above?
I dont want to add any external amplifiers or subwoofers, not into that anymore.

Thanks.
-Sam

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
do you have the 8.4?
GL finding a good aftermarket radio, they are getting harder to find.

any4xx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Define “Breaking the bank.” I just finished installing the JVC KW-Z1000W in my 2014. It has the 10” screen. I used the IDataLink Maestro interface and everything plugged right in and worked just fine. I wanted Apple CarPlay and this unit has the wireless CarPlay. I kept the factory Alpine amp and speakers. All the factory controls and settings that were on my stock 8.4 are still on the new unit.

RamRuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put the Alpine ILX-650 in my 14 and it’s been good so far. Best $300 radio I’ve ever had.
When you replaced the head unit, does the factory volume knob still work? I notice a lot of new radios have volume controls integrated with them. Wasnt sure if you can still use the stock volume knob.

any4xx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
When you replaced the head unit, does the factory volume knob still work? I notice a lot of new radios have volume controls integrated with them. Wasnt sure if you can still use the stock volume knob.
There are several interface modules available that allow you to use your factory steering wheel & dash controls.

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Installed a Kenwood DDX276 in mine it has bluetooth for heads free calling and , main reason for new unit was so I could stream my music through spotify, pandara, Iheart radio. I have a simular model in my car and really got hooked on the touch screen Kenwood so I added one to the truck as well
0508211120.jpg0508211251.jpg