2" rear drop springs question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stevearino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to do this to level out my 2WD 2018 RCSB. I have a few questions though as I can't really tell from pics I've seen posted with this done. Does it change the pitch of the lower control arms much? Does it bring the rear wheels in closer to the front of the wheel well and look weird? Will stock shocks bottom out and necessitate shorter shocks?
Thank you! :waytogo:

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Yes. Altering the vehicle height will do everything you said. Stock shocks can be used but will not be in their optimal range. They will work just not in optimal range.

Yes your rear wheels will be closer in the front and yes your rear control arm geometry will change.

However, most people do 4 down in the back, so 2 down will not be as bad.

It will also change your load capacity

ready961

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I lowered mine 2"up front and 4"rear with Belltech springs and no relocation brackets on the rear for a good 2 years. They wheels being off center was annoying.

Recently went another 2" all around with IHC control arms. Did the brackets in the rear. Leveled out the rear trailing arms and centered the rear nicely.

If you are only going 2" in the rear....just cut a couple coils off the springs and be done with it. Not worth the brackets.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I lowered the rear of my 11 ram 4x4 in the rear only (reverse leveled) and I had no real issues at all. I actually cut my rear springs instead of replacing them. I took one and a half coils of the top and put them back in with the stock shocks. It still was juat a tiny bit higher in the back but not really noticeable. The only problem I ran into which still wasn't bad because I didn't do it often was when I towed my trailer. It would sag a little. Stock springs it would sit level. Cut springs it would sag. I remedied that by installing airlift bags and that worked great. The only time i got it aligned was when I replaced to front struts because they were leaking. Other than that I never ran into a single problem. I want to do the same to my 21 5th gen ram but this one has the off-road package