2013 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi transfer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkyody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I need a new transmission fir 2013 ram 1500. The diagnostic read only 1 code however I wrote it down & can't find it, but I will. I believe it's something 3. That's nit my real problem however. I want a new transmission because the shop fixing it has had it since November 2023. I'm tired of fighting his lies, I gave $1500 down . I can't find a new transmission anywhere. Should I get a brand new one or a rebuild. ? I'm pretty sure I'll have to write off the old one. The herk will not give me Mt truck back. It's a long story. I just want to find a transmission & get it installed. 8m in Utah.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Errr...that sounds like tranny jail. I'm not sure what the laws there are. I'd probably show up with the towing company and have it towed back. If you give prior notice, they'll probably quick pull the tranny.

Tough call on what to exactly do. In order to give you 'what to do next?' idea of pricing, can you tell us how many miles on your truck? What transmission it is(6spd ..it has a dipstick, or 8spd=no dipstick)? 4wd/2wd? ...And might be helpful to know what was happening when it died? What did it do, or not do? What's your mechanical abilities...and, well, I don't want to pry, but also your budget?

There are a number of guys here who've replaced their transmissions. I should probably let them give advice

Used: $500-$1000 depending what you find and from where.

Reman: Really depends if it's 2wd or not. Here is one that popped up in a google search of OReilly Auto...just to give an idea. Depends what unit you have. Other guys here can guide you better than me.

Mopar...
HERE is a Mopar (Ram) remanufactured transmission, 8spd.

I think I saw a brand new one that was about $7k

Personally, I'm a risk-taker. I've bought several used transmissions ...private party over the years and never had one flake-out on me. Usually private party sellers ...if it was their actual vehicle, know the history and that's good to know. But I'm guessing with your recent experiece the last thing you want right now is 'risk'. You might call your dealership, tell them you were thinking about buying a transmission from their parts department (so they know YOU know the real price!) ...and just ask what they'd charge to install it? And what kind of warranties to they offer? I would personally go in there, talk to the part's guy, ask if they could meet or beat the online price (they might!) ...and how much would a warranty cost. Then I'd walk over to the service guy and ask what the install price would be.

Last edited: