2013 Ram 1500 5.7 race truck help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaCherryRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys I’m new here. so I have a single cab 2013 1500, it has been my daily since 2018 it has been a great truck, I love it. Looking to start modding it as a race truck. I would like some recommendations that don’t break the bank. Currently thinking of doing the 6.4 intake manifold from Moes also want to upgrade my tq converter any good recommendations on that as well? And do I need to upgrade more to not run into problems in the future.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hey guys I’m new here. so I have a single cab 2013 1500, it has been my daily since 2018 it has been a great truck, I love it. Looking to start modding it as a race truck. I would like some recommendations that don’t break the bank. Currently thinking of doing the 6.4 intake manifold from Moes also want to upgrade my tq converter any good recommendations on that as well? And do I need to upgrade more to not run into problems in the future.
Start saving to 8 speed swap it,don't spend a nickel on your 6 speed. The 8 speed swap will give as much of a performance increase as long tubes and a tune will give you. The 6 speed is not a good transmission for racing,you'll blow it up in short order as soon as you start abusing it with some extra power. Do a search on here,there's a good thread on the swap already,that'll answer 99% of your questions,it's the thread that's several pages long.

If you're on facebook,join High Performance Rams and Tuned Rams,the hi-po guys hang out on facebook more then on here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DaCherryRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Start saving to 8 speed swap it,don't spend a nickel on your 6 speed. The 8 speed swap will give as much of a performance increase as long tubes and a tune will give you. The 6 speed is not a good transmission for racing,you'll blow it up in short order as soon as you start abusing it with some extra power. Do a search on here,there's a good thread on the swap already,that'll answer 99% of your questions,it's the thread that's several pages long.

If you're on facebook,join High Performance Rams and Tuned Rams,the hi-po guys hang out on facebook more then on here.

Thank you I have actually thought about the 8speed swap, I was really trying to convince myself my 6 speed would be fine since the R/t came it’s the same. I appreciate the help and the info

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
That loop can help to prevent the driveshaft from jamming itself into the ground and causing the truck to flip and roll over .
Do I have a story that can back that statement up!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Do I have a story that can back that statement up!
Years ago we were farting around with my buddies 496 72 Chevelle,when he lost the front u-joint at about a 100 mph,after the shaft hit the pavement and dug a hole,it ripped the rear end and gas tank right out from under the car.
A driveshaft loop is always a good idea,and if you're on slicks,most tracks require a driveshaft loop.
NHRA wants a loop with-in 6" of the front u-joint,mines roughly about 8" back of the front u-joint,but i've never been tagged for it,being a couple inches farther back then required

Attachments

• IMG_1953.JPG
    IMG_1953.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1956.JPG
    IMG_1956.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1957.JPG
    IMG_1957.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: