2015 5.7 6 speed - change shift points?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbruno1973

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have the diablo sport tuner with an unlocked PCM. I see there are ways to change shift pressures...but I have no idea how to change them. And what they all mean. One thing I hate about that transmission, when driving at 40mph, the truck runs around 1000-1100 rpms. Hit a hill, it struggles and bumbles to downshift without really stepping on the throttle. Because I notice it, does not seem right.

Anyone else set the shift points -- (all I see is 1-2 and 2-3) so maybe there is not much I can change with the tuner.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I notice the same thing under certain conditions (I just kick it down to the next lower gear). But I recall another forum member or two in the past who were exploring doing what you are intending. Hopefully they'll chime in. Did you try doing a few forum ..or google searches (for this forum)?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Do you know what gears you have? I'm pretty sure both main guys who offer tunes address this, I wont mention either one over the other as they both seam good, but look up the tunes, you can see from page where forum sponsors who sell tuners also offer tunes.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Looks like the main sponsor doesn't even have a tune for rfe available, hard to believe but it is what it is. I haven't kept up on why this is, maybe someone chime in. What tunes are currently available for 65rfe, with what tuner you have.