2019 Ram 1500 high mileage edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I continue to be impressed with this guys truck. As of one month ago, he's at:
240,000 miles
1947 IDLE hours
6944 total hours

And he works his truck pretty hard, towing goose necks etc. Definitely not some garage queen.

He changes the oil when the indicator tells him too, uses 5w-20 (Pup?) and I think a wix filter. Doesn't really pay attention to MDS though he has run tests with it disabled.

Basically the poster child for what we've been saying not to do, yet he's had zero issues with lifters or ticking (well, manifolds but that's it).

Either he's incredibly lucky or we do not yet have a 100% grasp on hemi tick failures.

Even if he gets tick now at 250k I think I'd be happy with that if it were my truck. Hemi's not exactly a long life engine as far as I know, 250k would be more than acceptable especially if I could just throw another few lifters in and carry on for another long while.

That said I will continue to run short interval oil changes and very premium oil/filters. No use taking chances!