2019 Ram 1500 main connector under the driver side rail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan6118

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all, new here. I am trying to chase down a Service Shifter/ParkSense Unavailible issue with my 2019 Ram. I have been reading on here and some other forums trying to exhaust what I can do myself before turning it over to the dealership out of warranty. Unfortunately, I'm not near as electrically inclined as I am mechanically. My question is if someone were to say "main connector under the driver side rail" where exactly should I be looking? The thought is there could be moisture in the connector that can be fixed by drying/cleaning and applying some dielectric grease. Pictures would be best if possible.

RinRunRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 v6
Did you ever figure out where that harness was? I’m getting the “service shifter” “park sense unavailable” too

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
My question is if someone were to say "main connector under the driver side rail" where exactly should I be looking?
Most likely would be under the truck, on the driver's side, inside the frame rail, usually behind the front wheel. it's not actually inside the frame but between the frame beams like the engine and trans.

Ram1500owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info. I had “park sense unavailable” and “service shifter” faults. I told the dealership what you guys were discussing above. After inspection, he said you were right and it was the Can-C star connector. I also got an oil change. Here’s my invoice.
IMG_1266.jpeg

Mason135

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info. I had “park sense unavailable” and “service shifter” faults. I told the dealership what you guys were discussing above. After inspection, he said you were right and it was the Can-C star connector. I also got an oil change. Here’s my invoice.
View attachment 547999
Did your truck also have a weird shifting issue once the warning message popped up? My truck started randomly showing both of the messages yours did and when it pops up my trust feels like it is going in and out of overdrive. When I shut truck off and restart I can drive for about 10 minutes with no shifting issue or warning messages. I think I might order new CAN BUSS Connectors and see if I can fix the issue before taking to dealer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ricohz