2020 RAM 1500 Steering Wheel "Gear" control?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

s_waskewicz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Good Morning,
After searching my owners manual to identify what this steering wheel control does,
I cannot find out anything about it. It is a "Gear Limit" control...
Can anyone with this type of + and - switch tell me about it?
I'll attach a photo...Its on the right lower side of the steering wheel.
thanks for your help,
SteveGear Switch on Steering Wheel.jpg

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
it is a limiter.if you set it to 4th gear the trans will not shift past 4th.or you can set it to 1/2 gear if you're off roading.or 4/5 if you're heavy hauling down hill.it won't hold the set gear,but won't shift past it.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
You can also use it to shift manually up and down while moving. If you hit a large dowhill and want to use engine breaking hit the minus, it will downshift one gear for each tap. Same for upshifting or hold the up buton for a couple of seconds and it will go back to fully automatic again.

shagya

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5,7 L HEMI
You can also use it to shift manually up and down while moving. If you hit a large dowhill and want to use engine breaking hit the minus, it will downshift one gear for each tap. Same for upshifting or hold the up buton for a couple of seconds and it will go back to fully automatic again.
Correct! Therefore I'm angry now because of the malfunction of the gear+ switch at the moment. (described in my sep.thread)

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ricohz