2022 6.4 Hemi DEALER CANT FIND OIL LEAK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWallace9915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hey guys I need some help from your experience! My 2022 6.4 has spent more time at the dealership than at my house for an oil leak they can’t find. They have made 4 attempts and still leaking. I have tried to trace it down myself but it is hard to do because it only seems to leak while moving. The leak is substantial and blows back the length of the truck. It’s is coming from towards the front of the motor since it’s always wet from front to back.
I lose money every day this truck is at the dealership. Has anyone had an oil leak that’s hard to diagnose? Anyone have any ideas to throw at the dealership to help me get my truck back?
They have tried:
Oil filter housing
Oil filter (which obviously was not even close)
Front crank seal
Oil pan gaskets

Thanks!

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
They could put a diaper on it and after a couple trips inspect the diaper.

OP
OP
A

AWallace9915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I know they put die in the system but I don’t think they have tried the diaper. Thanks

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Hey guys I need some help from your experience! My 2022 6.4 has spent more time at the dealership than at my house for an oil leak they can’t find. They have made 4 attempts and still leaking. I have tried to trace it down myself but it is hard to do because it only seems to leak while moving. The leak is substantial and blows back the length of the truck. It’s is coming from towards the front of the motor since it’s always wet from front to back.
I lose money every day this truck is at the dealership. Has anyone had an oil leak that’s hard to diagnose? Anyone have any ideas to throw at the dealership to help me get my truck back?
They have tried:
Oil filter housing
Oil filter (which obviously was not even close)
Front crank seal
Oil pan gaskets

Thanks!
Are the valve cover bolts tight?

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some of the 6.4l had head gasket leaks on the outside where the oil drain galleys run, have them check around both head gasket surfaces on the block, a guy on here had the passenger side leaking.

Fifty

Reaction score
Ram Year
At the dealer I worked at, if it was down for 30 days or more or 3 unsuccessful repair attempts for the same issue you can use the lemon law. They buy it back or put you in another one very similar and pay all cost to register it and stuff. Not saying this is what you should do, just an option. Some oil leaks can be tough to locate, but not like that.

MTrevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just joined the forum also in search of answers and found your post. Have had mine in 2 dealers for 35 days total and now is also leaking oil again for the fourth time. Anxious to compare notes and see if they found your problem. My suspicion is there is a manufacturing issue on one or more of the parts and we are the first of a future recall they haven’t discovered yet.

Anyone else out there will 2022 6.4 Hemi unsolved oil leaks?

packkn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm new here but I'm having the same problem with a 2022 RAM 2500 oil leak. Any results? what was or is the issur?

RoMac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I know this is an old thread, but the truck doesn’t even have 30k miles on it yet and it has begun to leak some oil. Just saw it tonight. Might just be the oil pan seal…? It is hard to figure out where it is coming from as it is all over the bottom of the engine bay.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
AZ - 83 Miles SW of the Geographical Center
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I know this is an old thread, but the truck doesn’t even have 30k miles on it yet and it has begun to leak some oil. Just saw it tonight. Might just be the oil pan seal…? It is hard to figure out where it is coming from as it is all over the bottom of the engine bay.
I had an 'ooze' right where it would be if I had a rear main seal leak. Took it in for warranty work last month. Turned out to be the front of the pan gasket leaking and running around to the back and dripping off.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My truck has a slight leak from the oil filter mating surface, must have a slight imperfection. Never leaked on the ground but could see it on the motor and under the truck. Putting the filter on way too tight with a wrench solved my leak.

RoMac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Follow up- washed up the under side of the truck to remove all the oil and let it sit in the garage for a bit before i went back to look. Seemed like it was coming from the oil filter. Cranked the oil filter down a little more. No more leak.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Follow up- washed up the under side of the truck to remove all the oil and let it sit in the garage for a bit before i went back to look. Seemed like it was coming from the oil filter. Cranked the oil filter down a little more. No more leak.
I just did an oil change and my filter was barely hand tight and down a quart again like the last oil change. I'm going to have to retighten the filter I guess after a few heat cycles and keep an eye on it. I can only assume the filter is loosening from engine vibration.