7 Pin Wiring Issue Marker and 12v Aux swapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gpagolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7-liter Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine
When I have my trailer plugged in and the truck is off and trailer marker lights stay on all the time.

I put a test plug into the bumper and the bed 7 pin plug the TM lite pin lights up and the 12v Aux was dead. But all others were as expected. Any idea what to do? I am thinking it is from wherever these wires terminate they got swapped. Just not sure if there is a controller or just straight run to the fuse box.

I would like to fix at origin so don’t have to cut wires on two plugs.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Not sure what you're trailer looks like, but there should be a junction box where the 7-pin cable ties into the trailer wiring. That's where I would start if I was you. I agree it sounds like a couple wires were flipped.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
7-way.jpg

Make sure you're testing the correct pins. It could be (more likely) your trailer is wired wrong or wires inside the plug are touching each other.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Not sure what kind of trailer you're talking about. But utility trailers can be wired differently.
View attachment 546708

No, they are all wired the same. The terminals are all defined same on a 7 - way plug regardless.
Wire color can varies but I've seen all kinds of variations. Never trust the colors. When in doubt, Ohm it out!

wrench78

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No, they are all wired the same. The terminals are all defined same on a 7 - way plug regardless.
Wire color can varies but I've seen all kinds of variations. Never trust the colors. When in doubt, Ohm it

wrench78

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wire color can varies but I've seen all kinds of variations. Never trust the colors. When in doubt, Ohm it out!
oh yah, I see it now. it's the colors that are different, not the locations.