99,745 miles and in the shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oledirteh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Transmission started popping check engine lights around 99k. cleared it and towed the toy hauler no issues. got home and went to go to work and popped again. at 99745 miles, wasnt risking it.

new transmission is in the mail.

lucky me!

Units

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Bighorn
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Lucky you. I could swear I’ve seen a post almost identical to this somewhere before………..;)

OP
OP
oledirteh

oledirteh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lucky you. I could swear I’ve seen a post almost identical to this somewhere before………..;)
honestly stop stalking me.

(At work, bored, looking for entertainment.)

p.s. Stalk me harder :p

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Did you get one with upgrades or is it all stock? About how much did that run you?

OP
OP
oledirteh

oledirteh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you get one with upgrades or is it all stock? About how much did that run you?

So this is being done under warranty. they did a full rebuild and 2 miles after the rebuild something broke inside the trans again. no idea what. but they are now giving me a new transmission.

I know the part number on my trans was AA, the new trans is AC which they said means it has the most up to date revisions and is "Better" all around then a 2021 trans is/was.

so yes, its still a stock trans. next time im doing service i may do some upgrades then as my entire truck will be out of warranty (24000 mile warranty on new trans, truck has just about 100k on it now)

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know the part number on my trans was AA, the new trans is AC which they said means it has the most up to date revisions and is "Better" all around then a 2021 trans is/was.

Or, they fixed what they screwed up with the AA or AB versions, hopefully. :cool:

The rear passenger-side door lock actuator recently replaced in my truck was an AE or AF, IIRC.

You're very fortunate that the dealership agreed to a full tranny replacement without making you jump through hoops.

OP
OP
oledirteh

oledirteh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Or, they fixed what they screwed up with the AA or AB versions, hopefully. :cool:

The rear passenger-side door lock actuator recently replaced in my truck was an AE or AF, IIRC.

You're very fortunate that the dealership agreed to a full tranny replacement without making you jump through hoops.

Honestly, they have my business.

My dealership i used most of my life has lost all my business. I went in and paid for the trans diagnostics. they came back and said my truck is tuned, i no longer have a warranty. told the tech that its stock. he said my truck is tuned the same way as yours, so i know its tuned. you will not get it warrantied.

So left the shop and went up to the dealer i bought the truck from and rolled into the service center. said truck has check engine codes for hydraulic over pressure, 4 gear ratio incorrect. Lady grabbed a tech and he pulled out his laptop and plugged in, looked at my dash and commented that at 99745 miles, i cut it close! Said welp, your getting a rebuilt trans. they gave me a new ram 2024 with 400 miles on it and sent me on my way.

they have won me over. i did well when i bought my truck from them, and their service is pretty up there too. my only gripe is they should have test drove my truck after the trans rebuild since 2 miles into my trip home it was clearly already broke again. But hey, dropped it right back off and they went ahead and ordered a new trans. should be in this week, early next week.

they have had it since july 3rd, which sucks.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly, they have my business.

My dealership i used most of my life has lost all my business. I went in and paid for the trans diagnostics. they came back and said my truck is tuned, i no longer have a warranty. told the tech that its stock. he said my truck is tuned the same way as yours, so i know its tuned. you will not get it warrantied.

So left the shop and went up to the dealer i bought the truck from and rolled into the service center. said truck has check engine codes for hydraulic over pressure, 4 gear ratio incorrect. Lady grabbed a tech and he pulled out his laptop and plugged in, looked at my dash and commented that at 99745 miles, i cut it close! Said welp, your getting a rebuilt trans. they gave me a new ram 2024 with 400 miles on it and sent me on my way.

they have won me over. i did well when i bought my truck from them, and their service is pretty up there too. my only gripe is they should have test drove my truck after the trans rebuild since 2 miles into my trip home it was clearly already broke again. But hey, dropped it right back off and they went ahead and ordered a new trans. should be in this week, early next week.

they have had it since july 3rd, which sucks.

Congrats on finding a good dealership, you might want to mention their name for others who are local to the area.

I too recently found the only dealership I will visit again. I discussed an FCA 'Piece of Mind' warranty inspection/oil change special with 2 other stealerships and they both quoted over $230, saying the special indicates 'starting from $149'.

The first SA at Capital Dodge said, no. The price is $149, period. Also, after discussing the rear passenger-side door lock actuator fault with the service manager, he ordered the part before I arrived and had someone call me.

The other stealership insisted I had to make 2 trips to them. One for assessment, they'd order the part and a second visit for the installation. He also said that I may have to pay upfront until FCA approves the warranty coverage.

What hokey BS for a known fault.

And, the SA at the 'new to me' dealership said, I paid the original dealership (now closed) for a loaner vehicle during any service work, and they loaned me a new Jeep for entertainment while they changed the lock actuator. :cool:

Last edited:

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Congrats on finding a good dealership, you might want to mention their name for others who are local to the area.

I too recently found the only dealership I will visit again. I discussed an FCA 'Piece of Mind' warranty inspection/oil change special with 2 other stealerships and they both quoted over $230, saying the special indicates 'starting from $149'.

The first SA at Capital Dodge said, no. The price is $149, period. Also, after discussing the rear passenger-side door lock actuator fault with the service manager, he ordered the part before I arrived and had someone call me.

The other stealership insisted I had to make 2 trips to them. One for assessment, they'd order the part and a second visit for the installation. He also said that I may have to pay upfront until FCA approves the warranty coverage.

What hokey BS for a known fault.

And, the SA at the 'new to me' dealership said, I paid the original dealership (now closed) for a loaner vehicle during any service work, and they loaned me a new Jeep for entertainment while they changed the lock actuator. :cool:

Yeah, good dealers are few and far between. Mine is pretty good, I wish they had more Chrysler-certified techs (they're sending a couple to classes for it) but they've only had the franchise a year or two now. I'd been going to them when I had Fords and it's the same service department, I've never had any issues with them. Free loaners for just about any service if you need it, even if it's just an oil change. Good at getting back to you when something's going on (like my Wagon). They're also on my way to/from work, so it's usually not an issue to drop something off in the evening, get a loaner, and pick it back up the next evening.

Bad dealers, unfortunately, are a dime a dozen.