99k mile update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jtblackram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had my ram since new in 2018, since then had to do a couple things:

Fuel tank (under warranty)

Cv axles (getting done tomorrow)

Tires once

Thats pretty much it. Oil changes every 5k, currently using valvoline 5w20 high mileage. Might drop $1200 for a trans service soon but other than that shes been great, looking at getting 20x10 put on soon to complete the look for her next 100k. Pic with the orange stock tag in the windshield is the day i picked her up

Attachments

• IMG_2362.jpeg
    IMG_2362.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2260.jpeg
    IMG_2260.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 11

carlylelocke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice and lucky too.
My 2017 has been through a starter, HVAC fan, Humidity sensor, water leaks from both rear cab exhausters, and the ac fan still acts wonky when I press the gas or the brake. That's only since I've owned it from 33k to 101k miles. Been getting an intermittent ABS problem with traction control light on every few weeks. Trading in soon.

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Tires once

Thats pretty much it. Oil changes every 5k, currently using valvoline 5w20 high mileage. Might drop $1200 for a trans service soon but other than that shes been great, looking at getting 20x10 put on soon to complete the look for her next 100k. Pic with the orange stock tag in the windshield is the day i picked her up
What does a $1200 trans service include?

CanuckRam1313

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
What does a $1200 trans service include?
Fluid and filter change at the dealership.
This is a beneficial service to have performed to ensure your transmission stays happy for the long haul.

Many do it themselves and save HUGE cash doing it.
Not too difficult a service to perform oneself. However, one MUST follow the refill procedure to a "T" ;)

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fluid and filter change at the dealership.
This is a beneficial service to have performed to ensure your transmission stays happy for the long haul.

Many do it themselves and save HUGE cash doing it.
Not too difficult a service to perform oneself. However, one MUST follow the refill procedure to a "T" ;)
Oh, I'm very familiar with the service process, but wasn't able to wrap my head around what costs $1200. I'm guessing this is dealer pricing using a Mopar pan and Mopar Purple Unicorn Extract fluids + the cost of super deluxe extra special technicianing during the service?

CanuckRam1313

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Oh, I'm very familiar with the service process, but wasn't able to wrap my head around what costs $1200. I'm guessing this is dealer pricing using a Mopar pan and Mopar Purple Unicorn Extract fluids + the cost of super deluxe extra special technicianing during the service?
Exactly!

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Tires once

Buy this pan,and do it yourself.You'll save enough money to spoil the wife on something she wants :Big Laugh: :cheers:

btvan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice and lucky too.
My 2017 has been through a starter, HVAC fan, Humidity sensor, water leaks from both rear cab exhausters, and the ac fan still acts wonky when I press the gas or the brake. That's only since I've owned it from 33k to 101k miles. Been getting an intermittent ABS problem with traction control light on every few weeks. Trading in soon.
99k here. CV axle Driver, steering column, starter, calipers, and wheel hub driver. That ABS and traction control issue you're having is what I experienced and it ended up being the wheel hubs.

carlylelocke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
99k here. CV axle Driver, steering column, starter, calipers, and wheel hub driver. That ABS and traction control issue you're having is what I experienced and it ended up being the wheel hubs.
Ridiculous before 100k.