ABS module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Twolfe55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I have a 2016 Ram Lone Star with 41,000 original miles truck is in excellent condition except now it has an internal failure on the ABS module dealer says part is on nationwide backorder could be a year to get a new part and the repair will $4041.78 I am at a loss should I give the OK to order a part and let truck sit until it is received or trade the damn thing in on a new truck.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Try Module Master or XemodeX or other module rebuilder. Many folks on the forum have had good luck getting their module repaired.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try Module Master or XemodeX or other module rebuilder. Many folks on the forum have had good luck getting their module repaired.
There was a big thread on forum ref the bad ABS nodules

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Check to see if there are any mobile mechanics in your area. Talk with the owner of an independent shop to see if you can work something out on leaving the truck at their shop while the module is out. Some module shops have rush service and overnight shipping.

OP
OP
T

Twolfe55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Update: Went to stealer today to pick up the truck wife and I were looking at new trucks they gave me a real good trade in value for my truck and I traded for a 2025 Ram 1500 not quite as fancy as my last truck but has everything I wanted except power driver seat so got payments I could swing on fixed income and the rest is history. Thank You to all for your responses and information. Have a gret weekend.

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update: Went to stealer today to pick up the truck wife and I were looking at new trucks they gave me a real good trade in value for my truck and I traded for a 2025 Ram 1500 not quite as fancy as my last truck but has everything I wanted except power driver seat so got payments I could swing on fixed income and the rest is history. Thank You to all for your responses and information. Have a gret weekend.
Congrats on the new truck!

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which model and trim level? My son recently leased a 2025 Bighorn.

OP
OP
T

Twolfe55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Which model and trim level? My son recently leased a 2025 Bighorn.
I wound up with a Tradesman model but they had added power mirrors, upgraded stereo, spray in bed liner, and weather tech mats deep tinted windows. Someone had ordered truck with these updates then backed out of deal so I bought this truck.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which motor the SO 400 hp twin turbo straight in-line six or the V6 Pentastar. Some pics?

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was waiting for the "...we ended up buying a Toyota truck" remark! LOL

Congrats on the new 2025! You'll love it.
Aren't those all recalled? ;)

Shinny new is always great. Seems to be I see all new ones here Gray, I don't know why.
I like white , easy to look after. Black is nice , but it's a lot of work looking after it. And Hot.

Big Bocephus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same exact issue as the original poster. Unfortunately, right now the 2016 is not under recall as far as I can see. I think we are suffering due to recall. I really don't want to buy a new truck, but.....

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same exact issue as the original poster. Unfortunately, right now the 2016 is not under recall as far as I can see. I think we are suffering due to recall. I really don't want to buy a new truck, but.....

Depending on your experience, I wouldn't hesitate to pop the ABS module out (or have it removed by your trusted mechanic) and ship it off for repair.

For the last 4 or 5 years that I owned my Tundra, I removed the ABS fuse every winter because it was far too sensitive and counter-productive. Every year from about December to the following end of March, no ABS on the truck.

I've owned more vehicles without ABS than with and manually modulating the brake pedal isn't too difficult, from my point of view.

And I didn't say this was a good thing for you to do, just what I used to do every winter.
AFAIC, ABS is unnecessary if you keep your head together when the driving gets exciting. :cool:

And, welcome.gif to Ram Forum.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
AFAIC, ABS is unnecessary if you keep your head together when the driving gets exciting. :cool:
For the record, ABS doesn't reduce braking distance. All it does is allow you to maintain steering control during hard braking in low-traction conditions. Remember when we had to modulate, before the addition of ABS? Remember when race cars never used that? Oh wait, they still don't....

Big Bocephus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hear you. My first truck was a 94 Ranger 4-Banger with no power steering, AC, and a manual transmission. I drove it all over Kansas rain or snow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gambler69