Active air dam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hate to bring it up again on here. I removed the aad. No lights on the dash yet. Not sure if anything will show up on the uconnect screen. I removed it a couple days ago. Just now got a notification from the app on my phone.

I've seen folks saying mount just motor back on. Which I plan on trying first. If I do that is this notification gonna go away or does the dealer have to look at it an reset it through uconnect?

Also I figured I'd try to do the obdlink mx+ to turn it off? I read someone say they tried that an still got the notification in the app. I want To avoid hooking anything to the obd2 stuff that could void a warranty. If that's even likely. Can't imagine how turning off an air dam could void a warranty on anything but that specific part. If plugging just the motor back up will reset the code, without a trip to the dealer I'll do that for now. Truck is practically brand new with less then 7k on it.

I also don't see why these dealers can't turn stuff like that off. They say they can't but I mean the rebels don't have them. So there has to be a setting in the program to turn it off right?

Any explanations, advice, or experience is greatly appreciated. T hank you anyone!Screenshot_20240722_021318_Ram.jpg

Last edited:

MOPAR TECH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AS FAR AS I KNOW YOU CAN'T DISABLE ACTIVE DAM MODULE IF U UNPLUG IT THE CEL SHOULD POP ON I KNOW THERE IS A POWERTRAIN WARRENTY NOT SURE IF IT HITS YOU'RE BUILD DATE BUT DEALER CAN RUN THE LAST 8 OF VIN TO CHECK IT. BUT ASK THEM ABOUT THE X96 IT COULD BE COVERD

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AS FAR AS I KNOW YOU CAN'T DISABLE ACTIVE DAM MODULE IF U UNPLUG IT THE CEL SHOULD POP ON I KNOW THERE IS A POWERTRAIN WARRENTY NOT SURE IF IT HITS YOU'RE BUILD DATE BUT DEALER CAN RUN THE LAST 8 OF VIN TO CHECK IT. BUT ASK THEM ABOUT THE X96 IT COULD BE COVERD
Have you seen where folks take it apart and just leave the motor on it? I called a dealer this mornin. He said you I can turn it off but it'll void the warranty. I asked on what n if I heard correctly just that part alone. He said dealers can't turn it off because of epa. Which to my understanding is coming to an end since the Supreme Court over ruled the chevron deference.

I'm more ok with it voiding the warranty on the part itself. Which it's complete crap itself. If they tried to use that to void a warranty somewhere else is what gets me. I believe he said it is part of the powertrain warranty.

SimpleGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Dealers in general are ignorant to laws, rules, and everything else. Warranties generally can't be denied unless they can tie the failure directly to your change. I say generally because I am sure there are exceptions. The AAD could be part of powertrain if related to EPA stuff, but changing that won't reduce the life of the engine or transmission. The issue is they will deny warranties all the time and it becomes your responsibility to fight them to get it covered. You are talking time, money and headaches... you will eventually win but at what cost? That is up to you to decide but I doubt disconnecting the AAD will hurt your important warranties. Don't trust me though, go research the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (U.S.) for yourself or other laws.