Alpha obd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danmit37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@Jimmy07 @85octane I am in the US and just bought a 2022 Sport out of Canada. I want to disable the low beam DRL's and only use the signature lights as DRL's. If I make changes with AlfaOBD, will I also need a new headlight switch? Current switch is like mentioned above, with no 'off' setting.

85octane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Gas non-ET
@Jimmy07 @85octane I am in the US and just bought a 2022 Sport out of Canada. I want to disable the low beam DRL's and only use the signature lights as DRL's. If I make changes with AlfaOBD, will I also need a new headlight switch? Current switch is like mentioned above, with no 'off' setting.
No, you can make those changes with alfaobd. No need for the switch if you'll never need to turn the lights off like at a drive in movie

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

See post #8 & #12 in this thread for locations in AlfaOBD.

danmit37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
See post #8 & #12 in this thread for locations in AlfaOBD.

@RamDiver I followed your instructions in posts 8/12. I didn’t change the country code bc of the warranty questions, but the other 3 changes were enough. Only signature lights on for DRLs in ‘Auto’ mode on my headlight switch.

Thank you, everyone, for your help.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@RamDiver I followed your instructions in posts 8/12. I didn’t change the country code bc of the warranty questions, but the other 3 changes were enough. Only signature lights on for DRLs in ‘Auto’ mode on my headlight switch.

Thank you, everyone, for your help.

You're most welcome, I'm happy to hear that your tweaks worked to your satisfaction. :cool:

How long is your remaining warranty period and what is your plan to transfer it to the US?

From what I've read, any warranty transfers require to be approved by FCA before the final sale is complete.

IIRC, I've read that it's a complete hit or miss on attempting to transfer, afterwards.

Please keep us posted on how your transfer works out and I wish you good luck with the process.

Last edited:

danmit37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You're most welcome, I'm happy to hear that your tweaks worked to your satisfaction. :cool:

How long is your remaining warranty period and what is your plan to transfer it to the US?

When I bought the truck (in the US), they put an extended warranty on it, in case the FCA warranty gets rejected. They said some dealers can use the FCA warranty, some can't. Either way, extended warranty is 5 years, 100K miles.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I bought the truck (in the US), they put an extended warranty on it, in case the FCA warranty gets rejected. They said some dealers can use the FCA warranty, some can't. Either way, extended warranty is 5 years, 100K miles.

That sounds great and much better than Canadian warranties.

I'm pretty certain my 5 years extended warranty only covers 100,000 kilometres or 60,000 miles.

Is that 5 years with a Mopar warranty?

danmit37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@RamDiver you have any experience changing tire size on Alfa? I got to it and entered my new circumference, but it wouldn’t take. Gave me an error that I need to run ABS Initialization through ABS Diagnostics

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@RamDiver you have any experience changing tire size on Alfa? I got to it and entered my new circumference, but it wouldn’t take. Gave me an error that I need to run ABS Initialization through ABS Diagnostics

Yes, I've likely tweaked tire sizes about a dozen times. More with the first set, my Winter wheels last November/December.

I'm still fine-tuning the setting for my summer wheels. I've got within 1kph (.625mph) so, whenever I get around to it, I'll tweak it a bit more.

I have seen the ABS init. warning every time I adjust the setting but have never required to complete that process.

AFAIK, some of the older vehicles require the ABS init. whenever you adjust the setting. I'm confident if you search 'ABS initialization alfaOBD' with the search on Ram Forum, you should find threads discussing it.

Or, use the same search + ramforum.com on your preferred search engine.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need to change the country code, country of origin, and possibly tunnel detection, I’ll have to check. Can you do a read system ID with alfaobd and post the log here so I can compare something.
Hey Jimmy07,

Sorry for the long delay in getting this posted.
The last two weekends were jammed packed for me and to top it all off I did not have it previously saved and I have never used the Alfa OBD before.
Today was my first break to be able to get this log file.

Attachments

• BODY_CHRYSLER_Info.txt
    32 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On my 2024 Ram I had to use the Powernet 2022+ to be able to access the CBC Module. The 2023 would not let me in.

I can say that first time using Alpha OBD is a little nerve wracking once the screen populates and you see all those settings.
Took my time and made the changes in posts 8 & 12 except I did not change anything to do with a Country.
I will leave my country as Canada until such time as my warranty runs out as I do not want to take a chance of losing it.

Making these changes has given me the desired effect I wanted with just the Signature Light Brows now becoming the Daytime Running Lights.
Looks cool as hell and much more aggressive......not sure why Ram did not do this to begin with instead of using the Headlights....or why not have options in the Big Screen to choose your choice. Could have been a cool fun feature if they would have built it into the settings options in the Radio.
Speaking of options in the radio......I now see the DRL ON/OFF option in the settings but choosing either makes no difference.

One thing I did notice in making these changes is that when it gets dark out and the Auto Light feature clicks in and turns on and dims the Dash Lights, is that it no longer turns on the Headlights. I now need to manually turn the switch to Headlights on which I am okay with.

My ultimate goal will still be to setup the system exactly like the US Trucks seeing as I now have the Switch but I will hold off until such time as I have no warranty.
I still need to figure out all those exact settings and once I have them I will catalog them for that unwarranted day in the future.

Thank you all for the help that you have provided. Much appreciated.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Were you able to successfully run the ABS initialization routine with the prompts in AlfaOBD?

danmit37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Were you able to successfully run the ABS initialization routine with the prompts in AlfaOBD?

I havne't tried yet. I did find a good YouTube video on there. Looks like there is no quick fix, you basically have to go in and reset/fix/clear error codes that pop up as a result of the tire size change.