Anyone with a 4th gen manual/hemi? I need a part number from your computer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As stated. 4th gen manual with gas engines are pretty rare. The simplest way to do a manual trans swap is to get a manual trans truck computer. Every search I do comes up with a Cummins computer which won't work. The search will be much easier if I have a good part number.
Thanks in advance.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As stated. 4th gen manual with gas engines are pretty rare. The simplest way to do a manual trans swap is to get a manual trans truck computer. Every search I do comes up with a Cummins computer which won't work. The search will be much easier if I have a good part number.
Thanks in advance.

This post is a great idea for your project truck.

And, more posts here will most likely get more attention too. :cool:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks in advance.
I think you can have your existing PCM flashed to a manual transmission,as the guys swapping in Turbo 400's / 4L80's / 727's etc,are just flashing their existing PCMs to a manual pcm.

OP
OP
Racer9

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am trying to open up all my options. Re-flash is $600 from B&G Performance, does anybody know another shop? I'm a little concerned about what other issues will appear, but I guess either way could cause other issues. Hopefully AlfaObd would fix them. Luckily the truck is off the road all winter and I will have time to take care of them.
Dealers and my local aftermarket shop won't re-flash to manual trans, only to what matches VIN.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I am trying to open up all my options. Re-flash is $600 from B&G Performance, does anybody know another shop? I'm a little concerned about what other issues will appear, but I guess either way could cause other issues. Hopefully AlfaObd would fix them. Luckily the truck is off the road all winter and I will have time to take care of them.
Dealers and my local aftermarket shop won't re-flash to manual trans, only to what matches VIN.
Check with Jon Sipple ,he's put a few T-400's into his faster customers cars,and should be able to point you in the right direction.
If you're on FB,his wife Jessica is on this page,and she might know where to send you for help.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't have a direct answer to your question, but below are a few ideas to consider if nobody else here has the answer you are looking for:

1) *If* in your searches you were to come across a 'salvage' truck on the internet ..with a manual trans, often they show the vin of the vehicle, which you could plug into Mopar's site, and look up the computer. Obviously those trucks are rare, so maybe proceed to #2.

2) Perhaps, call a couple part's departments and talk to a good part's guy. There 'might' be a resource, guide, or matrix they have access to, which shows various computer part number applications (since ECM part numbers tend to change with updates/yrs). You might want to call a couple dealers. If a parts guy has 3 guys waiting at the counter, ask if there's a better time to call. Or better yet, stop in to your local parts dept (or two). They might know a regional guy who could rattle off an answer ...it's a matter of finding THAT guy. Parts mgrs know other parts guys at other dealers. You just gotta find a guy willing to do a little bit of legwork for you. I've found many parts guys to be real helpful. Some aren't, but many are. It's always great to have a relationship with a small-town parts dept. You can still buy it online..just let them know you're not at that part of the project just yet. Or ask how much a reconditioned TIPM with the options you need...would be. Sometimes dealers can get real competitive. You really want to be talking to the mgr, not the pimply kid who just transitioned over from the alignment dept.

3) If you contacted the tech support dept of these internet-based shops which 'recondition' ECM's. Maybe a guy who knew his stuff, they might have a resource. If you find a support guy who would be nice enough take a few minutes to look for you.

If it was me, I would call people personally. It's a lot easier to ignore and blow off an email. When a parts guy hears the sincerity in your voice, and gets the drift you're trying to do something neat (like this swap), and have good mechanical abilities, I believe they would be much more inclined to help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Racer9

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check with Jon Sipple ,he's put a few T-400's into his faster customers cars,and should be able to point you in the right direction.
If you're on FB,his wife Jessica is on this page,and she might know where to send you for help.

Thank you, I will try to contact him.

I don't have a direct answer to your question, but below are a few ideas to consider if nobody else here has the answer you are looking for:

1) *If* in your searches you were to come across a 'salvage' truck on the internet ..with a manual trans, often they show the vin of the vehicle, which you could plug into Mopar's site, and look up the computer. Obviously those trucks are rare, so maybe proceed to #2.

2) Perhaps, call a couple part's departments and talk to a good part's guy. There 'might' be a resource, guide, or matrix they have access to, which shows various computer part number applications (since ECM part numbers tend to change with updates/yrs). You might want to call a couple dealers. If a parts guy has 3 guys waiting at the counter, ask if there's a better time to call. Or better yet, stop in to your local parts dept (or two). They might know a regional guy who could rattle off an answer ...it's a matter of finding THAT guy. Parts mgrs know other parts guys at other dealers. You just gotta find a guy willing to do a little bit of legwork for you. I've found many parts guys to be real helpful. Some aren't, but many are. It's always great to have a relationship with a small-town parts dept. You can still buy it online..just let them know you're not at that part of the project just yet. Or ask how much a reconditioned TIPM with the options you need...would be. Sometimes dealers can get real competitive. You really want to be talking to the mgr, not the pimply kid who just transitioned over from the alignment dept.

3) If you contacted the tech support dept of these internet-based shops which 'recondition' ECM's. Maybe a guy who knew his stuff, they might have a resource. If you find a support guy who would be nice enough take a few minutes to look for you.

If it was me, I would call people personally. It's a lot easier to ignore and blow off an email. When a parts guy hears the sincerity in your voice, and gets the drift you're trying to do something neat (like this swap), and have good mechanical abilities, I believe they would be much more inclined to help.
Thank you. I was planning a trip to my local salvage yard and I know they have connections to a network of other yards.
A good friend is a parts department manager and has worked at a couple dealerships. I was planning to go see him and see what I can find out. He will help me if he can. He used to get me discounts, but the current dealership won't allow it.
B&G performance will re-flash, he said to a Challenger vin, but I would prefer it be to a truck vin if possible.

I spent probably half an hour with my local aftermarket electronics guy, just talking back and forth. Basically Chrysler controls the re-flashing online, not the discs that they used to use, and will only allow it match the vin. We even discussed changing the vin in the ecm (which he can do) flashing it to a manual vin, and then switching the vin back, but he said that wasn't possible. He was very informative and trying to help.

I'm open to any and all other ideas if anyone has any.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thank you, I will try to contact him.

Thank you. I was planning a trip to my local salvage yard and I know they have connections to a network of other yards.
A good friend is a parts department manager and has worked at a couple dealerships. I was planning to go see him and see what I can find out. He will help me if he can. He used to get me discounts, but the current dealership won't allow it.
B&G performance will re-flash, he said to a Challenger vin, but I would prefer it be to a truck vin if possible.

I spent probably half an hour with my local aftermarket electronics guy, just talking back and forth. Basically Chrysler controls the re-flashing online, not the discs that they used to use, and will only allow it match the vin. We even discussed changing the vin in the ecm (which he can do) flashing it to a manual vin, and then switching the vin back, but he said that wasn't possible. He was very informative and trying to help.

I'm open to any and all other ideas if anyone has any.
Make sure you don't get the 09 manual transmission PCM,apparently you want 2010 and newer PCM's.Why the hang up on having it flashed to a Challenger program, I'm not grasping why the cars program isn't usable in your application.

OP
OP
Racer9

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess it really doesn't matter, the motor/trans don't know what they're in, right! I was concerned that other systems would be affected, but I don't think other systems are controlled by the same computer.
Heck, I just saw a Chrysler 300 computer that looks identical to my truck computer.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I guess it really doesn't matter, the motor/trans don't know what they're in, right! I was concerned that other systems would be affected, but I don't think other systems are controlled by the same computer.
Heck, I just saw a Chrysler 300 computer that looks identical to my truck computer.
Externally they all look the same. I wonder if you could activate the cars factory line lock into the mix,that'd be fun with a stick,lol.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you been able to assemble your other parts for the swap-over? The 'hard parts'?

OP
OP
Racer9

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi