Apparently the light bulb is starting to some on for some manufacture's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I do focus groups on occasion. It's NDA shielded so typically not a lot I can say about specifics. In general terms, I see a lot more interest in hybrid concepts than pure EVs now. If some of these come to fruition, there's going to be a new horsepower war that mixes the best of EV and ICE into one peel your eyebrows off delivery system. Potential fleet use for same but tuned for economy and longevity over pure power.

I suspect anyone who isn't putting R&D into these are going to lose more market share over the next decade...and I suspect someone isn't.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Mercedes Benz is just about the only company that is building V-8 engines for 2026 for N.A.

Drivers who like Mercedes-AMG don’t like the brand’s latest super sedans. That sounds strange, I understand, but longtime fans of the Affalterbach manufacturer were drawn to them by thumping V8s—not the four- and six-cylinder hybrids in the new C63 and E63. But there may be good news on the way as Car and Driver reports the models will once again be V8-powered come 2026.