Bed brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stormking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel
I acquired my stepfathers 2006 Dodge 2500. In the process of getting the bed sprayed we removed these brackets. There were 2 at the back of the bed and 2 up toward the front. They are definitely not diy made. For the life of me I cannot figure out what they were for.

Does anyone recognize these and what their purpose is?

Attachments

• TRUCK BRACKET II.jpeg
    TRUCK BRACKET II.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 15
  • TRUCK BRACKET !.jpeg
    TRUCK BRACKET !.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 14

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I have regular tie down brackets in those same places that I assumed were factory. The nuts are secured behind mine. I know because I removed the brackets when we did the bed liner and put them back after.

OP
OP
S

stormking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel
I have regular tie down brackets in those same places that I assumed were factory. The nuts are secured behind mine. I know because I removed the brackets when we did the bed liner and put them back after.
That's what I've seen pictures of and it's what I really want there. Guess I'll leave these brackets off and see about getting tie down brackets that fit those threaded holes.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That's what I've seen pictures of and it's what I really want there. Guess I'll leave these brackets off and see about getting tie down brackets that fit those threaded holes.
That's why I thought some kind of camper shell. A friend had a slide in camper that required the hooks to be removed and brackets bolted in. Then he backed up to camper and lowered, it would slide into brackets to keep camper from sliding forward or backwards.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those my friend are on my 2005 dodge ram 1500 sport quad cab… they are tie downs that go over the drop in bed liner… mine are rusted on good and didn’t bother to take them off. The ties bolt on top of the drop liner that sits on those you have pictured.

OP
OP
S

stormking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel
Yes, at one time there was a drop in. Wasn't there when I got it. So these are left over. I removed them and had the bed sprayed. Kept the brackets but didn't put them back, hoping to solve the mystery before bothering.

Thanks for clearing that up