BedRug Bed Mat for Rambox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huff2462

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bedrug does not make a Bed Mat for the 6'4" beds with RAMBoxes. I'm curious if anyone has ever tried buying the standard Bed Mat, and then trimming the sides.

Was it difficult? How does it look?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I had contacted BedRug 4 years ago when I got my first 6.4’ Rambox. At that time I was told they will never make a BedRug for the 6.4’ bed. They do list 1 for a 5.7’, so I don’t know and wasn’t given any more information.
I had thought about just getting the 5.7’, but never did.
I had a BedRug in a 2003 Ram and really like it.
1st issue would be, yes, you could cut it. But for the regular bed, it’s shaped to fit around the wheel well humps. Probably could cut it if you just wanted to cover just the floor.
2nd issue would be if the ribs are the same or not. The BedRug fills in the ribs, so if they don’t line up, it will not lay flat. Again maybe you could trim them.
3rd would be once you cut it, the edges won’t be hemmed anymore. Not sure if that would be a problem though.
4th would be the Velcro strips won’t probably work out once you cut it.

OP
OP
huff2462

huff2462

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good points. I've got one currently in my '13 1500 with the 5'7" bed. I love it! Last week, I ordered a '19 2500 (w/ the 6'4" bed & RAMBoxes).

I've confirmed they make the Bed Mat for the 6'4" bed (part no: BMT02SBS)... Assuming the ribs are the same, I'm thinking trimming the sides off for the narrower bed will work.

I hadn't thought about the hemmed sides though... Maybe I'll try doing some trimming to my current Bed Mat to see how it holds up before buying the new one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If it helps, the dealers cut the OEM rubber bed mat to fit the RamBox bed. I think their's is actually made to be cut though...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

blkflg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 TD
I have a 2019 ram 2500. I bought the regular 6‘4” bed rug. It is not the complete bedliner it’s only the piece that fits on the floor. It works well and is pretty easy to do. Just use a straight edge and a box cutter. Just be careful on the rear corners you have to cut it 90° to fit the stepped area just ahead of the portion that covers the tailgate. I’ll try to remember to post a photo when I get home.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Looks good. So the ribs on the floor lined up. I know previously when I had a bedrug in my ‘03, that was of my favorite things. When you crawled around on your knees, the floor was almost completely flat. No ribs to dig into your knees.