Little Red Strap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckshot721

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also have a 2018 Jeep Compass Trail Hawk, had to replace the battery the other day. Pulling out the old battery (main) I noticed a little red strap around the plus side of the battery clamp. Which was broken anyway (bought it used). Problem I cannot find out what is used for, or what it does. It is about 3/16 inch wide and maybe 2 inches long and it looks like it is suppose to clip to the battery cover somehow and its red. Cannot find under any parts list or what it is. Any ideas on what it is or does? Thanks

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If it is a 2 battery system

watch this video

Otherwise, take a pix or 2 if you are able

Dredger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Also have a 2018 Jeep Compass Trail Hawk, had to replace the battery the other day. Pulling out the old battery (main) I noticed a little red strap around the plus side of the battery clamp. Which was broken anyway (bought it used). Problem I cannot find out what is used for, or what it does. It is about 3/16 inch wide and maybe 2 inches long and it looks like it is suppose to clip to the battery cover somehow and its red. Cannot find under any parts list or what it is. Any ideas on what it is or does? Thanks
@ 1:40