BW44-44 Transfer Case Fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know if Valvoline makes a spec fluid to address this particular TC. I can say they have been A+++ in answering inquiries. I've used their products for YEARS because they've been great to deal with and I trust that when they say "this meets XYZ spec...", it's true. I've never had a fluid-based failure in my over 2M of accumulated driving on personal/work vehicles (nor any that I've been overseeing in a fleet). I don't get anything out of saying such, I just believe in their products and find them to be a great alternative to OEM robbery. If money isn't an issue, by all means, run that OEM stuff :)

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Following up to my prior post, I don't see anything called out by them for the 4WD Auto TC (BW44-44) in the current info I have. Might be worth emailing them and asking.

MegaHertz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve got a 2016 ram 1500 Bighorn w/ 5.7L and Auto 4WD. Just did the fluid change today. Dealership sold me 2 qts at $60 apiece !! I forgot the part# (maybe 68049954AC, I remember it ended w/ AC), but the label read “Transfer Case Fluid for BW 44-40 & 44-44 for 2016+”.

Only took 1.5 qts… considered selling the other half on eBay since it seems a pity to waste liquid gold.

Even asked the parts guy, is this the stuff with unicorn tears that I can’t get find anywhere else? He just grinned.
Here’s a picture of the label on the bottle.
IMG_3470.jpeg

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys,

Looking to do a fluid swap in my t-case this week. I’ve read that guys are running Amsoil MVATF without issue. That fluid seems a bit tough to find where I am so I’m wondering if anyone has tried Valvoline MaxLife ATF in their 44-44. Got a few bottles of it on the shelf in my garage so would be great if that was a working fluid for these cases.

Thanks
They will ship it to you no need to go anywhere.I used amsoil on both diffs trans.and transfer case 20 k ago no regrets.Its great to have it delivered for free ,but I always do a large quantity for 3 cars and a truck.I use a lot.image.jpg