Collision damage and frame replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Never, in my life, EVER dealt with someone else's insurance company. I chose my insurance company mostly on how easy they are to deal with, when I have a claim. Rates was secondary. A distant secondary.

My Fault, Their Fault, could give a **** less fault.

I pay my insurance company, premiums, When I have a loss, they pay me. Then go do whatever the heck they want, with whoever the heck they want to do it, with. I do not deal with or worry about, any of it. that's what they get paid for. Insure my loss and take care of the BS.

Same reason I got an Umbrella policy with them.

OP< I hope everything turns out,well, for you. I would have zero worries about your truck being repaired correctly.

Good Luck,M8ee and let us know how it turns out.

OP
OP
F

FuzzyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I am at 10 weeks now without my truck. I filed through the other insurance company which has been without incident. So far they have paid $2,700 for my rental. The repairs are over $24,000. Yes... You read that correctly. The shop said my truck is back together and they are trying to iron out some suspension issues which scares me.

As for a diminished value claim.... You have to wait until the vehicle is repaired before filing. I already talked to a few dealers that will supply me the loss in value. The other drivers insurance company has already paid $27,000 so this should be fun! I just want my truck back! All OEM. Nothing has been repaired. All new parts.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Wow that's insane that they didn't just declare it a total loss

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Some insurance adjuster's end of year performance review is going to take a hit for that claim.

danny

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Thanks for the update/info! As bad as the situation is at least the Insurance is working with you. The driver that hit me, her insurance is paying for mine also. They wanted to put a used frame in my truck. Sad thing is, its the same insurance company as mine....State Farm. We made it past that and a new frame is on order...at least 2 weeks to receive the frame. The dealers that I talked to about the value told me they would not put anything in writing! State Farm told me that I would have to prove to them that my truck lost value from this wreck. Hopefully things keep running smooth for you!

OP
OP
F

FuzzyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck. There was never a discussion of used or aftermarket parts. Both my insurance, State Farm, and hers said it would be all new OEM. My frame took 3 weeks to come in and the body shop painted it and did something else to it.

danny

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
So the frame comes unpainted? Dang, I thought/hoped they were dipped. Ten weeks is a long wait for repairs, hopefully they get you fixed up soon. Let us know how it turns out.

OP
OP
F

FuzzyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So here is the final outcome of my saga. My truck was in the shop just over 15 weeks. The shop admittedly took longer than any of us wanted.

The final figure was $21k in damage. The insurance company and shop paid about $4k in rental car expenses. I think I had a total of 5 different vehicles during that time.

New frame, new bed and all the rear stuff was replaced. Nothing was repaired other than the paint blending on the rear doors. The shop ended up throwing in a spray in liner for my troubles and a new tonneau cover.

I have put about 2k miles on it since I got it back. I can't find one issue, rattle, misaligned part, vibration or anything else I could complain about. And I'm an **** guy with my trucks. The shop did an unbelievable job. I also took it to my personal mechanic and had him go over it. He was also impressed.

Now to research a diminished value claim!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

pcmax

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500
Engine
Eco-Diesel
Wondering what the end result was of the diminished claim. I have a 1500 that's only a year old, was rear ended (she actually hit us twice) and just found out frame is bent. The local dealer here gets horrible reviews (Colorado Springs) but found a body shop thru USAA that has good reviews. Waiting on the overall estimate but figuring there's no way they will total the truck.......even with all of the rear and cosmetic damage. Wasn't looking to see the truck anytime too soon, but I'm Army so sometimes we get surprise orders for overseas and have to see our cars. Any luck with the diminished value claim? I may really need it. Thanks!