Dog ramp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poleaxed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just fishing for ideas to what others have used. My boy is getting old and isn't confident getting in and out of a car anymore let alone a truck, he's an 11 yr old boxer. Looking for ramp ideas for the back of a quad cab. Maybe some kind of plastic ramp I can store in the box?

Ram14Stud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 !!!!
Yeah I need to look into that as well. Currently my GSD jumps into my bed easily...but when he jumps down I assume it's gotta be bad for his knees.

haybale

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've thought about this for my GSD since they are known for hip problems. I was going to make something simple out of wood, but it seems like it would have to be at an angle towards the rear of the truck due to the door. Not saying it's not a good idea, but not as simple as I thought. Seems like it would be easy to scratch the hell out of the paint too, so I abandoned the idea.

If your truck sits lower than mine, something like this might workImageUploadedByTapatalk1423471293.742435.jpg

caps

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Thunder Road
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I currently use a foldable motorcycle ramp, but it's not perfect for some of mine (I have 5 dogs). I'm debating building something almost exactly the same as now; just out of wood and wider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My dog can jump into the front seat of my truck, but won't even try to jump into the bed of it

I bed a 2x6 board the length of the back seat,so it can slide under the back seat for storage, with carpet or strips of that skateboard tape would work

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I made a ramp out of 3/4" plywood and put carpet on it. I put it on top of my step( the angle seems to be just about right for them to get into the back) and when the dogs are in the back seat I put the ramp on the floor of the back seat. Works good, and the carpet stops any scratches and helps stop them from slipping on the ramp.
Jay

caps

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Thunder Road
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No pics guys?

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just pick our dog up and put him in. He's 12 & about 70 lbs, so he can't jump in or out of the truck. He will get his front feet up into the truck, but that's about it. When he gets his front feet in, I pick him up by his butt/back legs and help him in. Getting him out, I just have to pick him up and set him down. I don't think he'd go for a ramp of any kind.

NUTT00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been looking into this as well because my problem is, I have a 200 lb 17 month old English Mastiff who won't jump in :) As much as I don't care for caps on the bed of MY truck, I have been considering it. I'm tired of deadlifting her big butt in and out of the car and truck.

caps

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Thunder Road
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been looking into this as well because my problem is, I have a 200 lb 17 month old English Mastiff who won't jump in :) As much as I don't care for caps on the bed of MY truck, I have been considering it. I'm tired of deadlifting her big butt in and out of the car and truck.

I have (2) DDR Shephards, a pointer mix, and a Great Dane that all go in the bed. I really don't like toppers, but ours is a requirement.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have (2) DDR Shephards, a pointer mix, and a Great Dane that all go in the bed. I really don't like toppers, but ours is a requirement.

My brother has 2 ddr Shepards and possibly getting another ddr/Czech 6 month old female

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Yall lifting your 70lb and 200lb dogs into your trucks is more than I would do. I don't even like lifting my 60lb Aussie she can jump in and out but getting out looks like it will take a toll on her knees. A ramp would be nice sense we take her every where we can.

caps

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Thunder Road
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My brother has 2 ddr Shepards and possibly getting another ddr/Czech 6 month old female

Good breed. My boy has some Czech in him, my girl is pure East German.

OP
OP
P

poleaxed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I found out where to get them, Petsmart carries dog ramps as well as stairs.

BLKSHP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the plywood and carpet route with mine. Also made a flat bench to go over factory foldout pieces. Dogs kept stepping in cups holders.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanfam