Exhaust leak 5.7

How to fix exhaust leak?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taylor513

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate all the input. I have to means to go shorties, looking hard at these https://www.bbkperformance.com/dodge-ram-5-7l-hemi-1-5-8-in-shorty-headers-ceramic-09-16.html
BBK sells an upgraded gasket/hardware set, anyone try this or should I go ARP/Remflex, or something else?

The link says 1 5/8 but they are 1 3/4.

I'm not 100% for sure on this but I think I read on here that the BBK weren't the best headers to go with. I'd do a little research just to double check before buying them if you do end up going with headers. I want to say that the JBA headers were the more popular ones to go with on here that were in that price range. I know there is other brands out there that have better quality but those run 1K+

OP
OP
R242

R242

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not 100% for sure on this but I think I read on here that the BBK weren't the best headers to go with. I'd do a little research just to double check before buying them if you do end up going with headers. I want to say that the JBA headers were the more popular ones to go with on here that were in that price range. I know there is other brands out there that have better quality but those run 1K+
Looks like I'm going with ARP bolts and the original manifold. I'm not going to tune this vehicle, I feel like spending all the money on headers would lead me down that path. She goes under the knife on Monday!

AZRickD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a new-to-me 2014 5.7L with 55K miles.

It has a mild right-rear exhaust leak. Valve train is quiet.

If it is just minor-ly warped, I will have the bad side milled and replaced with OEM bolts and gasket.

If I go in and find a broken bolt or three, I will be majorly peeved, as that will screw with my work n play schedule.

Cwils80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So this may be a dumb question. I'm not too technically inclined. I don't hear a noticeable tick. I belive it's just lifter noise. But how would I figure out if I do have a leak? Good Ole soapy water? Tug on em and see if theres any play?