Folding Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DesertDrifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Turbo Diesel
2023 Ram 3500. Can only fold in mirrors, electronically, when under 10mph. When they are folded in, once I reach 10mph, they automatically fold back out. What a pain and not a good thing when on narrow desert tracks and you don't want to whack all the darn sage brush with your mirrors. Can't find a way to stop this which allows me to choose folded or unfolded no matter what speed. Any ideas?

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
I just looked at the manual on my 2022 2500 diesel 4X4. Based upon the description of operation for my truck, it sounds as if you manually fold the mirrors in, they will stay that way until you push the button to unfold a couple of times. It does NOT say you will damage the mirrors by doing this. I would probably call Ram customer service to check with them before I tried that.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
2023 Ram 3500. Can only fold in mirrors, electronically, when under 10mph. When they are folded in, once I reach 10mph, they automatically fold back out. What a pain and not a good thing when on narrow desert tracks and you don't want to whack all the darn sage brush with your mirrors. Can't find a way to stop this which allows me to choose folded or unfolded no matter what speed. Any ideas?
That’s the new behavior for the new 2023 tow mirrors. There’s no setting specific to the mirrors and speed, but auto folding mirrors is another new feature for the 23 mirrors. Do you have the auto fold setting on, and if so, try turning it off and see if they will stay folded above 10mph. Yes, I realize the auto fold setting is for folding and unfolding the mirrors when the truck is locked and unlocked, but curious if it might also be tied to the above 10mph behavior.

1ton_Beast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
To answer the question asked by @Jimmy07: based on my 2023 3500, the "auto fold" console setting does NOT appear to have any influence on the mirrors deciding to UNFOLD themselves once 10mph is exceeded.

This is a TERRIBLE "feature" and I nearly lost my driver's side mirror on a recent trail ride because my mirror decided to unfold at the worst possible time.

Any chance there is an AlphaOBD setting to disable this "feature" ?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Before you know it, the seatbelts will automatically fasten themselves.

All of these accessories would have been loved by my Grand Mother, but then again she grew up riding in a Carriage with a Horse or two trotting along showing its butt & letting go with the occasional fart

d0c-

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 --> 2014 --> 2016 --> 2023
hi all. joined the forum so that i could follow this. no answers on reddit, got nothing from google, dealership has no clue, etc. i'm hoping someone jumps on in with a solution. mine is a '23 2500 and i need to fold them in and out (as i see fit) on narrow city streets.