FYI - No AlphaOBD for the 2025 Ram 1500 (for now at least)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tacopimp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought I would post this here for anyone who is trying to make updates to the new 2025's with AlphaOBD. Unfortunately, Ram has changed the configuration and the connections for the security gateway module. The old connectors do not hook up to the current bypass cables. I did a lot of searching over the last 2 weeks to try and locate the security gateway module, till I learned I was looking at it all along and it wasn't the module that was in my previous 2021. Further research then revealed that Ram has in fact changed the module. So until someone comes up with a new cable we cannot make any changes ourselves...

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought I would post this here for anyone who is trying to make updates to the new 2025's with AlphaOBD. Unfortunately, Ram has changed the configuration and the connections for the security gateway module. The old connectors do not hook up to the current bypass cables. I did a lot of searching over the last 2 weeks to try and locate the security gateway module, till I learned I was looking at it all along and it wasn't the module that was in my previous 2021. Further research then revealed that Ram has in fact changed the module. So until someone comes up with a new cable we cannot make any changes ourselves...

Have you looked at the KaodTech Security Bypass Cable?

It connects to the Can bus and OBD2 connections regardless of where the security gateway is stashed with whatever connectors are installed.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

It connects to the Can bus and OBD2 connections regardless of where the security gateway is stashed with whatever connectors are installed.

2025’s use a different canbus architecture, and there are no canbus junction blocks like the kaodtech bypass plugs into. All of the modules are “daisy chained” together on several different “networks”, and they all go through the security gateway, which is now completely different. I’ve been messing with a new gateway on the bench for a while now, and it’s not going to be as easy as the older style gateway bypass cables.

Even after the gateway is bypassed, it’s not the same using alfaobd as everyone is used to on the pre-2025 ram trucks. After making configuration changes, you need to perform a proxi alignment so all the modules get “aligned” with the newly introduced changes.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2025’s use a different canbus architecture, and there are no canbus junction blocks like the kaodtech bypass plugs into. All of the modules are “daisy chained” together on several different “networks”, and they all go through the security gateway, which is now completely different. I’ve been messing with a new gateway on the bench for a while now, and it’s not going to be as easy as the older style gateway bypass cables.

Even after the gateway is bypassed, it’s not the same using alfaobd as everyone is used to on the pre-2025 ram trucks. After making configuration changes, you need to perform a proxi alignment so all the modules get “aligned” with the newly introduced changes.

Thanks for the detailed explanation Jimmy, excellent info as usual.

OP
OP
Tacopimp

Tacopimp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Yes of course. That is why I stated that you cannot use the old style cables that worked on previous years. The new Rams don't have the option to plug the bypass cables into. And even when someone comes up with a cable I don't believe that AlphaOBD is going to work as it previously has.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes of course. That is why I stated that you cannot use the old style cables that worked on previous years. The new Rams don't have the option to plug the bypass cables into. And even when someone comes up with a cable I don't believe that AlphaOBD is going to work as it previously has.
The 2023 WL grand Cherokee uses the same bcm as the 2025 rams, so just for the heck of it in the meantime, you can try connecting to your body computer as a 2023 WL, and see if you can navigate around. You’ll have to go into alfaobd settings and check the box for “do not verify ECU”.
See if you can read things like system status and system ID…

OP
OP
Tacopimp

Tacopimp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 2023 WL grand Cherokee uses the same bcm as the 2025 rams, so just for the heck of it in the meantime, you can try connecting to your body computer as a 2023 WL, and see if you can navigate around. You’ll have to go into alfaobd settings and check the box for “do not verify ECU”.
See if you can read things like system status and system ID…
Without the bypass cable? Just connect the OBDII reader to the truck and connect?

22BoR

Reaction score
Ram Year
22 EcoDiesel (Used to have)
Engine
3.0L
Thx Tacopimp any update you can share (Thx). i also want to add on "trailer brake controller" on my new 2025 Bighorn which i missed it when i purchased it and want to add it myself which from watch Ytuber "Ironically Engineered" how to edit OEM Trailer brake which is not that complicated at all if someone has these parts and SW to do it.