If there's a dumber center console setup than the Gen 5...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Funny stuff.

I didn’t like the big console either. I found a Laramie with the fold down console and love it. I like the extra knee room when driving.

Otherwise, I see ram has a reputation for best interiors. Lotsa options.

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I find the 5 person seating just all I need. I love the console in my truck for all the room it has to store things. I keep a few handy tools in there. I find the back seats are comfortable as well. I just, wish the 6.4 bed was easier to get, but my 5.7 is fine 95% time. The driver seat gets a bit firm during long drives, but it is easily solved by a brief stop to get out and walk around.

BlueHemi1500

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone can recommend a truck which can haul my center console, I'd appreciate it.

1721963895187.png

Last edited:

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
Ford....................

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
My 2020 Laramie has the center console with the folding jump seat; I like it a lot. Hardly ever use the jump seat, but it’s nice to have. Lots of storage space and options, more than I thought I’d need. Things can alway be improved but this one is near perfect for me.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I'm disappointed in myself, that I read a four-page thread and read posts from intelligent people fighting over a center console, a damn center console. What is wrong, too much time on your hands.

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
...I'd like to see it. What team of idiots engineered this? Is there an aftermarket setup available? My search came up dry.

Cheers

Bob
I dislike the center counsels also I looked forever to find my "19" with the Larime trim and a bench seat. It also has the off road group and the air suspension. On longer trips my knee rubs against the side of the center console and it is actually quite uncomfortable.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
I'm disappointed in myself, that I read a four-page thread and read posts from intelligent people fighting over a center console, a damn center console. What is wrong, too much time on your hands.
You've been here for 10 years. This can't be the first thread you've thought that about :p

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You still have bucket seats. The front driver and passenger seats are the exact same bucket seats whether you have the center jump seat, or the full center console.
Ok, are they exactly the same as the bucket seat option? Maybe its a matter of semantics, but the Moroney refers to it as Leather-trimmed 40 / 20/ 40 Bench Seat.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 116317 miles.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i got a brother in law who refers to his ride on lawnmower as a "tractor"
doesnt make it so
I agree. That was the point I was trying to make.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 116317 miles.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Then chances are, said person would be better served driving a minivan
It’s just my wife & I. My mini van days are long since gone. I bought what I wanted and I wanted bucket seats and console in my grocery getting garage princess. I worked my ass off for years, saved my money, put my kids through college without student loans, paid my house off, and pay cash for my trucks. I’ll friggen have buckets and a console if I friggen want them. I’ve earned them.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
AZ - 83 Miles SW of the Geographical Center
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s just my wife & I. My mini van days are long since gone. I bought what I wanted and I wanted bucket seats and console in my grocery getting garage princess. I worked my ass off for years, saved my money, put my kids through college without student loans, paid my house off, and pay cash for my trucks. I’ll friggen have buckets and a console if I friggen want them. I’ve earned them.
Same here. Haven't had debt for close to 12 years. I built my house myself...had a 15 year loan...paid it off in 7 I believe, a couple years later had our last vehicle paid off, and since then no debt. With the health issues I have, I am so happy that when I'm gone soon my wife and kids have everything paid off, she will get a good amount of money from my retirement fund, and a good amount more from the life insurance policy. Makes me feel good that they won't have to worry about money anyway when I'm gone!!!

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Being originally from NYS and being italian, i always like the center console because i can do that "lean" when i'm driving. ha ha

Actually, they do sell center consoles for trucks (and cars). A simple google search produces quite a few at various prices.

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8

We could have a totally depressing discussion on the state of the country and world in general…… but that’s probably a banned topic….