Kissy Face

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
One of the reasons I picked my Ram Truck is because the center console folds up so my girlfriend can sit next to me and play kissy face.
Only thing I am concerned about is she's pleasantly plump, she's a big girl and I wonder if the center seat cushion is as strong as the seats?
Also the center pad is too narrow for her, I want her to be comfortable is there a pad I can place on top? I can use a pillow but I was looking for something more permanent IMG_1624.JPG

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
The seat is built to take avg weight. I'm doubtful she is over 300 lbs. If you are still concerned, have her kneel on the seat to more evenly distribute the weight

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
She would be much safer in the passenger seat where she would have the seat belt across her chest and not just her waist. Plenty of time for kissy face? when you are not driving. Just food for thought.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
She would be much safer in the passenger seat where she would have the seat belt across her chest and not just her waist. Plenty of time for kissy face? when you are not driving. Just food for thought.

How does that go? Distance makes the heart grow fonder?

I see nothing wrong with sitting on the same side at a restaurant booth, just to be cozy and close, but while driving?

I agree, that using a lap belt without a shoulder restraint is an unnecessary compromise in safety. A swift face plant into the dashboard would be very unpleasant.

The OP should grow up a bit and realize that inviting a distraction while driving is irresponsible and illogical.

Too bad if you find my words a bit harsh for your liking. The road is already filled with remarkable incompetence and now you're consciously going to add distraction to your routine?

Last edited:

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't pay attention to the naysayers, that is an excellent use for that seat

It is not the most comfortable on long hauls, but it is definitely cozy

The only two things to look out for are the gear selector and the 4WD button

If she isn't a shorty, she could easily bump iether one of those with her knees, so just have her keep that in mind

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I sure do wish they had a legit bench seat option in those trucks. Like someone mentioned above, the center isn't as well padded, not as comfortable. If she's shorter the extra height might be nice though. Your best bet might be to get a stadium cushion, or pillow as you say, and use that.

If a guy wanted to get real 'custom' a guy could get a real bench seat out of a previous gen ram, or at the salvage yard, something that fit...and fit well, and have an upholsterer reupholster it or install new seat covers (professionally) front/rear. The cloth fabrics they use on trucks these days sucks too (IMO)...compared to the nicer fabrics of the 90's...let's say, so a guy could upholster it with a much nicer fabric. There are pre-made ...pretty nice seat covers, which if installed professionally, would look stock and feel nice, nicer on your lady's skin. But that's probably more work/cost than most guys want to do.

Isn't there a center shoulder belt? I thought there was..maybe I'm wrong.