Line-x or bedline chrome bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

faitdushred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know if this is possible and what would be required to do so? I cannot stand the chrome anymore and can't afford to do a swap over to sport color matched bumpers. Has anyone done this before? I saw a ford jacked up at a dealership near where my ram dealership is but did not get a chance to talk to anyone there to see what process they did to get it done. I added a pic of my truck. I already plasti dipped the grill. I had plasti dipped the bumpers last year but ripped it off the next day, made the bumpers look like cheap plastic. My plan if possible is to bed line the bumpers and the black plastic facia above my bumper I want to swap out for a color match then leave grill and bumpers black.

evanblain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty sure I've heard of guys on here that had that done. Actually thought I read a thread the other day that someone actually sprayed theirs themselves.

Sent from my ST27a using Tapatalk

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can get virtually anything bed-lined. My liner guy was speaking poorly of the lack of adhesion to chrome bumpers and advised that if I wanted to, it would be better to get paintable bumpers, and then spray those.

The guy has been spraying liners for 10+ years, has never lead my astray.

Last edited:

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
Take it to a Line-X dealer, they know how to do it.

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
When you plasti dip did you put a clear coat over it. Thinking of doing my chrome bumpers.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You can get virtually anything bed-lined. My liner guy was speaking poorly of the luck of adhesion to chrome bumpers and advised that if I wanted to, it would be better to get paintable bumpers, and then spray those.

The guy has been spraying liners for 10+ years, has never lead my astray.

I got the same from my local Line-X guy. He said he doesn't do chrome bumpers anymore because he can't warranty them. He's been doing a lot of rockers though.

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Powder coat or possibly vinyl wrap them depending on your trucks color. Vinyl is starting to get real close to a lot of colors. Might be something to look at. When I get some time, I'm going to talk to my local vinyl wrap guy and see what he says. I'm tired of my chrome bumpers too.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Look into Monsta Liner, they have many colors and can come close to color match and you can do it all yourself fairly cheaply. Bumpers are no problem, many guys do it right over chrome but it is a good idea to scratch it up first. LineX is the best but they usually charge premium prices for custom jobs. I did a brocno with Monsta Liner, I wouldn't recommend it if it wasn't good quality. The difference between that and say a herculiner is there is no rubber chunks and they use an activator you mix in. This makes it more durable, and the texture comes from a roller, if you want a thicker pattern simply roll additional times. However, it does not store once activated, you have a couple hours to put it up. Check out an unnamed jeep forum, they have a monsta liner thread with a million views and examples of all the colors. Guys are doing their entire jeeps with this stuff, it is easy to use and high quality for less then 200 bucks. If you just use the jeep forum codes he gives you the current discount. If you decide to do this PM me and I will give you more info.

I rolled the front once but the tailgate twice, so you can see the different textures.

4547415750_a649f5028c_z.jpg

4544931776_0edde07007_z.jpg

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
444369d1343794539-introducing-monstaliner-uv-permanent-diy-roll-bed-liner-blood-bath-bumper_dsc_0307.jpg

That is just a sample of Monsta over a bumper like ours. Kind of looks funky but the guy wasn't trying to color match. I plan on doing this as well, I hate my back chrome bumper, can't decide on black or color matched.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Look into Monsta Liner, they have many colors and can come close to color match and you can do it all yourself fairly cheaply. Bumpers are no problem, many guys do it right over chrome but it is a good idea to scratch it up first. LineX is the best but they usually charge premium prices for custom jobs. I did a brocno with Monsta Liner, I wouldn't recommend it if it wasn't good quality. The difference between that and say a herculiner is there is no rubber chunks and they use an activator you mix in. This makes it more durable, and the texture comes from a roller, if you want a thicker pattern simply roll additional times. However, it does not store once activated, you have a couple hours to put it up. Check out an unnamed jeep forum, they have a monsta liner thread with a million views and examples of all the colors. Guys are doing their entire jeeps with this stuff, it is easy to use and high quality for less then 200 bucks. If you just use the jeep forum codes he gives you the current discount. If you decide to do this PM me and I will give you more info.

I rolled the front once but the tailgate twice, so you can see the different textures.

Call me curious. How long you had this on? I tried roll in liner once and it lasted maybe 1 1/2 years. I could use something like this if it's that good. I'm gonna have to find this Jeep forum now, lol.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have yet to find a single bad review of Monsta-liner.
I will be doing my rockers with it at some point.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Call me curious. How long you had this on? I tried roll in liner once and it lasted maybe 1 1/2 years. I could use something like this if it's that good. I'm gonna have to find this Jeep forum now, lol.

Yes, I used herculiner and it scratched off in places after first use of my mom's wheel chair driving over it, the difference is activator and also prep is important. I had it for a year or so but then sold the truck and unfortunately the guy wrecked it so I have no long term recommendation. The year I had it was bullet proof, had all kinds of nasty things hauling around, that is why i put it there in the first place. However, I would bet guys in the Jeep forum do. I hear the black lasts best as far as any fading goes, but I can tell you this product would be very hard to scratch off. I would grade Line X a 10, FMJ a 9, Monsta Liner an 8 and Rhino (old version) at an 7, and herculiner somewhere around the 5 level. I have ran all but Rhino but my brother ran that so I know how well it did. I like Monsta much better then traditional Rhino lining. As a roll on it is amazing. Ask the guys over on JF how it is holding up long term. They have been doing it over there well over 5 years.

OP
OP
F

faitdushred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398811990.116905.jpgforgot to add pics at first. But if I would do it I would want line x. Thought about powder coat but do you get the textured look with that option? Also I wouldn't color match unless I had the one piece sport bumper. I want the bumpers black and that black plastic valance piece color matched. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398812060.033262.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Now I'm contemplating doing my flares in this, red of course. I need to get some flares first I guess, lol.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Honestly, your truck would look sweeter with paintable flares and body color,

OP
OP
F

faitdushred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the pocket style flares on it for a couple weeks then ripped them off. They just trapped salt and scratched the paint. And you think colour match would be best? Even with the two piece front bumper? Never seen one painted colour matched

OP
OP
F

faitdushred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gunna try and find some stock flares this summer though. I will be adding those once I figure out the bumper deal and add a BL

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I don't wanna hijack this thread. Feel free to drop by my build thread. I'm thinking Power Wagon flares though, not pocketed.

OP
OP
F

faitdushred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha I didn't even catch that burla might have been referring to you cruizer. My bad

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Have any pics with your flares on?